Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hi, we have a 2000 moomba mobius. I think there was an option of a wakeplate on this boat but we did not get it. I was wondering if it is possible to add the wakeplate now to help shape the wake. Has anybody on the board done this?

Thanks,
Danny
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
this is currently being discussed

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/328811.html?1148489831
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
this thread is talking about the effects of a wakeplate. not if its possible to have the dealer add it on now to my boat.

danny
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
it should be possible, call the dealer and get a quote. I added a mechanical/adjustable plate to my Centurion - I think it was about $450 installed. They had to do some glass work on mine; on newer hulls there is an indention where the plate goes - on mine they had to do some router work. It looks like a factory install.

There is an aftermarket hydraulic wakeplate from Bennett that you can install yourself.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-25-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
danny,

call lauderdale lakes marina(supra/moomba dealer near elkhorn and whitewater) and ask them!

http://www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com/llm/content/view/14/30/