Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-19-2011, 9:01 AM Reply   
My friend just bought a V226 and I want to know how I should sac that thing out for riding. He is mostly into surfing but does ride a little. I like to ride boats heavy, but not insane heavy, like 2700 lbs in a Super Air, 3K in an X-1, 3500 in an Xstar, etc. How should I weight this thing?

-Uj
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-19-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
You should be able to weight it down without too much trouble. I would not use an Enzo style sac if you want both an awesome surf wake and wakeboard wake. I have found that the weight distribution from the "L" shaped sacs tend to give the wakeboard wake a weird shape.

I would use the 1100lb Fly High Jumbo Sacs in the rear compartments. Fill one side when surfing but when wakeboarding you probably won't fill the rear bags all of the way to have a more equal weight distribution.

Place a 750lb Fly High Fat Sac in the walk way when wakeboarding and on the seats for wakesurfing.

Finally add some bow weight with either the 650lb Fly High Integrated Bow Sac or the 1000lb Fly High Triangle Bow Sac. When surfing you will only need about 300 to 500 lbs. up front. When wakeboarding fill it up to achieve your desired wake shape.

Here is a little surf wake article I wrote last year about, How to weight a Supreme 226.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-04-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Uj - I put my V226 away for the winter 2 weeks ago (and already went snowboarding last weekend @ Killington!).

For surfing on the regular side, I had a 1000 lb surf sac plumbed into the rear port hatch with it's own Jabsco pump, and then I fill up all of the stock tanks (center, plus both rear port + starboard tanks).

I have (8) x 50lb LeadWake sacs at 400 lbs total that I'll either stack in a row of 4 stacked 2 deep under the port side seat.

I also found out that a 400 lb fatsac fits/fills perfectly under the port side seat as well, so if we want to go more weight, we fill that up and move the lead sacs up under the port side hatch, placed right where the sideway and V-hull meet up.

Here's a few videos with the above configuration minus the 400lb sac...probably have about 4-5 people in the boat, but I haven't played around/felt the need to add any bow weight because you can just adjust the trim tab (100% down, the wave will get very long but not as steep...at 50-75%, it shortens up a bit, but gets taller).

Also, not sure about the 2010 config, but you can't put an integrated bow sac under the seats in a 2011).

Last edited by ReSession; 11-04-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: messed up inserting the Youtube videos!