Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
not use to boarding behind a pro wake boat. Especially with a lot of ballast. Going to this clinic tomorrow and now I am nervous. debating on whether to get a helmet, because I heard Nunn's boat throws a huge wake. My goal is to get big air...not huge air, but big. Any suggestions or comments that might help me?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-24-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
tell that to gerry and he will help you get just enough air to satisfy.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
I doubt he'll run max ballast for ya. But, sometime a big clean wake makes it a lot easier.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
just hold on! nothing like hitting a pro size wake for the first time.. have fun, you'll be fine
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-24-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Scott, use that nervous butterfly energy like you would for a ball game. I get those before riding at a clinic too, and the only two inverts I've landed have been at the 2 clinics I've been to. The huge wakes didn't hurt either :-) That nervous energy actually gave me the courage to try tricks that I normally wouldn't try. Just sit back and have fun..you'll have a blast!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
the wake isnt that bad behind gerrys boat so dont worry, the wake is actually incredibly nice, lifts you just right instead of booting you wicked high. He dosent usually use full ballast unless you ask him, last year we had 12 people in the boat and a little wedge so that was enough lol.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
Scott
The fact is that probably many, if not most, of the guys/gals in any clinic are "uncomfortable." Everyone wants to do well - and Gerry is a great instructor and will help you no matter what level you're at. And btw - tell him "thanks" for letting me use his tractor saturday. I did roll it into the lake by accident - but I dried it off good!
Lloyd
Say hi to Trazan, Christian and CHristy for me.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
poop before you go.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-24-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
^^LOL. That's always a good idea.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Will do Lloyd! I will say hi for ya. Tractor's in lakes..hhmmmm What were you doing with a tractor near the lake....pulling boarders...lol Or were you pulling the boat out of the water....or should I say was the boat pulling you in the water. Goodtimes I am sure. And did you use a good quality shammy when drying off Gerry's tractor? hahaha Lloyd, thanks for the vote of confidence. I needed it! It use to be different before I was married and then had children. I think having kids puts the fear back into you. You probably can relate.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info posters. I really appreciate it. I will try to post pics on here within the next couple days. Hopefully not come back in a bodycast.....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
"poop before you go."

hahah
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
I'll eat a lot of fiber tonight and bring an extra pair of boardshorts too!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
its a wicked chill atmosphere on gerrys boat, and we had something like 12-13 people, I thought the wake was nice, but not intimidating. Pretty sure he ran zero weight and zero wedge for me, it was a perfect ramp at 75... one of my favorite wakes I've ridden to date, so easy to get nice pop off