Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
Guys, no offence, but... you have never fought for freedom.

And that war on Iraq is so damn wrong, it is shame even talking about it. 60 000 civilians dead. Is that supposed to be good?

And now your government is talking about war on Iran??! WTF!?!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
Georgi, Sorry to tell you that you are in the wrong thread buddy! You should look for the "war bashing" thread not the "A shout out to our troops......" thread.

Me: USMC Veteran from Desert Storm/Shield era.
Old    kidrik            04-19-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
"you have never fought for freedom."

That is the most ignorant statement I've EVER heard......
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Rik: You are tell me!!!!! That is what set me off toooooooo...... You should have read what I really wanted to say...... WFTO????
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-19-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
wow.. I really dont know what to say about that. Im actually speechless..

USARMY Veteran From Iraqi tour 2005
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
Georgi does not understand the idea of freedom and the cost that it carries. Maybe he should visit the U.S. and try it sometime. Instead of slammin the idea of freedom. Immigrants from all over the world live in the U.S. Why do suppose they want to stay here in the U.S.? Georgi, these haters...yes haters (terrorists) have the same idealogy as Hitler. No freedom, just domination. History has proven it will repeat itself unless we protect our freedoms. That is what we are doing. God Bless You who are fighting for Us in Iraq, and all abroad. I Truly appreciate every man and woman protecting us now in uniform. And all who have protected us in past generations. War is ugly and not popular. But freedom is sweet and priceless.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Scott: Nicely said!!!!!!!!!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
David, I don't care about the troops. They don't protect me from nothing.

Is that on-topic or off-topic?

Anyway, I am not talking about politics in this forum anymore. At the end of the movie "good" guys win and the "bad" guys die, everybody knows that.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
quote: "I don't care about the troops"...

Off-topic!!!! Note to self: Read thread title... Roger Out!!!!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Georgi.....What? You must not have Freedom in Bulgaria. Otherwise you would not have ripped on our troops. Georgi, I would stray away from this thread buddy. I am certain that most are already labeling you a Hater! Including me.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Scott: Hater?????? They have other words for him that I CAN NOT type in here.....
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
David.....totally agree. I am being nice with the term "hater" I wonder if Georgi appreciates the fact that wakeboarding started here in the U.S.A! Without Freedom, would our sport exist. Maybe not!
Old    kidrik            04-19-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
"They don't protect me from nothing"

So I take it you're not a "History" major..........

Dude, research WWII. Do you even know why you're free?

You ungrateful, un-educated hater............

Oh, from us to you............Your Welcome. Please enjoy your freedom.

And this isn't a movie............
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Rik, I think he forfeited that right 12 lines up....
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Just note. I am not talking about your troops, I am talking about OUR (bulgarian) troops in Iraq. Remember the alliance? Some of them actually died there. But that doesn't change anything. The war is wrong.

And don't take it so personally.

Rik, take it easy! I am highly educated.

Think againg about freedom next time your authorities ban you from something.

(Message edited by georgi on April 19, 2007)
Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-19-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Georgi... you suck at life... quit!!!! Why dont you go hang out with your manly looking women over there and get the hell off this site!!! Much love to anyone in the armed forces. I have many friends that left for Iraq. So I ask you Why the F would you say some thing like I dont care about the troops on a mainly AMERICAN website??? stupid!!!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
This thread didn't specify a country from what I have read. It specified a thread that wanted to say "Thank You" to the troops that are fighting for freedom everywhere. Yes, there is a underlining message that I don't think you understood or were able to read into because it was not a written anywhere.

How can one NOT take what you are saying personally???? Bulgaria was along side a multinational army to help free Kawait in 1990/91 and from what I witnessed first hand, they did exactly what they were told to do and succeeded to help the Kawaiti people become a free nation. The same thing happened during WWI and WWII.... I agree with Rik: "You ungrateful, un-educated hater............ "

Enough said. Please for the sake of this thread and the military personnel around the world supporting freedom, stay off this thread and wear a helmet on those sliders dude!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hayden, I thought everybody has the right to say his opinion. I told mine. Is that a problem for you?

It was stupid, because You guys are too much nationalistic. You don't accept other opinions.

Anyway. End of story.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-19-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
We live in the best country in the World!! I am thankful to all the troops, their families and friends. Wether you choose to call it a war, conflict or peace keeping mission, we are doing "GOOD" in the Middle East. We have built hospitals, schools, provided food, housing, power, sanitation, water, agriculture and more. Iraq(and Afganistan) are better because of our efforts!
I'm grateful to live in the greatest country in the world--thanks to all those who help keep it that way!

I'll give free lessons to any military personel who ride Buena Vista, Ca.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Freedom of speech plays a huge roll in the USA. We accept opinions when they are founded with facts and not just one's opinion. I am sure the Bulgarian army would disagree with your statements along with others in your nation that where living during the Communist times.

It's about facts not one's opinion!

Thanks Chuck, I am sure there are a lot of military people that would like that.....
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
I'm with Chuck. I would like to extend an invitation to anyone in the military for free lessons in Michigan. My home lake is Duck Lake just fifteen miles southwest from Lansing. Not far from Kalamazoo and Jackson.
Old     (bmoney)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Can anyone say "American idiot"
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
bmoney, are you talking about Georgi???? If so, he doesn't live the the USA..... Or, are you talking about..... Need clarification......
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-19-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
Shocking. Kind of ironic hearing a Russian in Bulgaria talk about thinks like freedom and nationalism. Wasn't Bulgaria one of the axis powers in WWII. Didn't the government in Bulgaria get replace by a communist dictatorship after WWII?

If you are Bulgarian you really shouldn't be talking about nationalism. If you are a Russian in Bulgaria then you shouldn't be talking about freedom (unless of course you are talking about how to oppress freedom, then we all probably could learn a thing or two)

I guess we all rise to our own level of hypocrisy
Old     (play3r)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
On behalf of Australia, I'd like to thank the American troops for the the help during our war in Iraq, it's been great haha ;)
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
I have really tried to stay out of this thread but as I sit in here in Baghdad as I have for the last 6 months and will until I'm told I can go home, (2nd tour) I can't help but repsond to one comment from Georgi... that Americans are too nationalistic.

In my opinion this is one of the key traits that unites our country and has enabled us to be a leader in the world(The other is our economy). My self identity is first an American; not Christian, not black or white, not east coast, west coast, not husband, wakeboarder, soldier, etc but an American. The lack of this trait is also an enormous obstacle for Iraqis to overcome. The most significant challenge in establishing security in Iraq is overcoming sectarianism (Sunni versus Shia). Perhaps if Iraqi's felt they were citizens of Iraq first and foremost and Sunni or Shia second then they could overcome thier past infighting for something greater than themselves in the interest of reconcillation. But they don't identify themselves that way therefore I am not optimistic.

As many problems as the U.S. has, we have made tremedous progress in the last 50 years in area of racial tolerance. Yes, we can still improve but spend some time living in other countries and you'll discover how diverse and united America really is.

After all the briefings, rhetoric, first hand knowledge that I have on this war, do I believe I'm fighting for Americans' freedom? I don't really know, that's a pretty broad question when you consider potential second and third order effects. I know the immediate effects are the freedom of Iraqi citizens, and the strain we're putting on soldiers and thier families. What I do know is that I took an oath to be a member of something and if needed to fight for something greater than myself. There is a saying that war is not the ugliest of things, far worse are those that do not beleive in anything worth fighting for. As a soldier, I don't have the luxury of deciding which wars are just and which ones I will participate in, nor should I. I follow the orders of those appointed over me which ultimately includes the President. For that reason and because of embarrassment of how we treated veterans of Vietnam are why America is eager to show that they support the troops.

I can't imagine how much harder it would be to live this lifestyle without the support of my friends, family, and American society in general. I don't know how Vietnam veterans did it.

Nearly everyone is ignorant of what is reality on the ground, time now. I thought I knew before I got over because "been there, done that". Things change. The media gets maybe 20% of the stories and gets them maybe 30% right. I am not concerned with the approval of european citizens. I have lived in Europe and I'm not concerned with the approval of uniformed European citizens. I just want to get this over with, buy my $4K boat stereo system, some new Zeus bindings and go wakeboarding and bitch about $2.50 gasoline.
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-19-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Boy I'd kill for $2.50 gasoline...things are about 3 bucks around here
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
This is ending up to be a negative thread. From one soldier to another,... Hope all soldiers make it back safe to their families. If any soldiers ever want a pull from a Malibu 23 LSV and are in the Monterey County area, contact me...
Old    kidrik            04-19-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
We'll never ALL agree.......And, these losers who don't get what this thread is all about only feed off of the arguments. They want to disrupt the intention, which is that we are proud and honored to say thank you. So F them, and let's only respond to the positive comments. I love that our power of freedom and support is biting at the very core of their insecurities! So if we don't respond, that will not only make them go away, or start their own negative thread, but will also burn them up inside that we won't engage them verbally. I would like to do something else though.......but I promised I'd behave!

Dave B., did you ever get my PM response? Thanks for all you comments man! Cheers!

I love you Troops! We got your back!
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-19-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
Thanks to all our troops, whether here or abroad. I never was able to thank one of my best friends from high school, as he never made it back. So I try to thank everyone I can.

Burt's got the right attitude!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaeuIY1JZdw

And Georgi, if I was your dad, I'd tell you to go play in the freeway.
Old    kidrik            04-19-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Perfect clip for this thread! Thanks Lucky275!
Old     (berryessa_mom)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-19-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Lucky, I have some marbles for georgi. God bless our troops, God bless America!!
Old     (trump)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-19-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
Awesome video! Burt's a true American.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
Rik, not PM from you at all. Email me at da.bell@comcast.net

Don't worry guys, we are here for you all!!!!!! Just do what you are told to do and come back home SAFE!!!!!!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-20-2007, 3:28 AM Reply   
This one became too earnestly.

First of all, I want to make an apology to all of you, who find my postings offensive. I didn't meant to insult You, guys. I just said my opinion. Note, there is nothing wrong with that. Don't be angry if You do not agree with it. There are 6.6 billion people on this planet, and not everybody see it Your way neither my way. Anyway, my apologies if it sounded offensive to You.

Second, I want to make myself clear. Surely I want every soldier (bulgarian and american) to come back alive and in perfect health, so he can have a happy family and have fun with the rest of us. No doubt. If someone dies, it's a tragedy. But note also, it is a tragedy no matter what. No matter if it was an alliance soldier, ot iraqi child. (I am not talking about terrorists) So, what about those 60 000 civilians dead since the war started? Shouldn't we care about them also. We should. Otherwise it is hypocrisy. And if we don't care about them, we shouldn't care about the war at all. More likely we brought death not freedom for those. (note also that we understand the freedom in different ways). You don't need to accept my opinion in order to understand my arguments, and I still have the right to say it.

Third, it wasn't very nice that some of You call me an idiot or ignorant, or even wish my death. But I understand Your opinion, and I don't feel insulted. It is bad-mannered, but some of You probably got very angry on me, so I understand. It is Your way and I respect that. I am not russian (there are a lot of differences you miss; supra, if don't know where Bulgaria is, you should probably buy an atlas. if you care.) and I am not a hater, because I don't hate anyone.

Once again I woluld like to apologize to everyone who felt offended. If You'll feel better I'll delete my postings and/or leave this forum and website. I have not bad feelings about it and You are still welcome on my lake or in my house. If someone wants to kick my ass I prefer that to happen in the lake behind a boat or under a cable, riding wakeboards. Cheerz!

(Message edited by georgi on April 20, 2007)
Old    kidrik            04-20-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
"I don't care about the troops." "They don't protect me from nothing."

OR

"Surely I want every soldier (Bulgarian and American) to come back alive in perfect health, so he can have a happy family and have fun with the rest of us."

Well WHICH is it? Since you are "highly educated", look up the word contradiction.

Read the ENTIRE thread. This is a thank you to the troops, not a "Do you want to thank the troops, and if not, why?" thread! We've already addressed the respecting of ALL opinions aspect. I've said TWICE now that it is FREEDOM at it's best! And that I respected EVERYONE'S opinions here!

Don't apologize to us, you should apologize to all the troops YOU don't care about, who do nothing for you...............accept, in another one of your lines....." and I still have the right to say it." Hmmmmmm, why is that?

Damn it, I did it again. So much for not responding......

So when you're boardin' next time at your lake, by your house, just kick back and enjoy the freedom brah! It's nice huh?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-20-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
There is a saying that war is not the ugliest of things, far worse are those that do not believe in anything worth fighting for. I really wanted to re-post this to make it stand out on it's own. This phrase is so true. I am personally thanking you CHAD for fighting for our country. God Bless you brother. Keep up the great fight.
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-20-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
It is simple. I respect persons who are soldiers as I respect every person no matter what he/she works. Everybody deserves good life and happy family. I don't respect the "work" of the soldiers. I don't respect the army affairs. It's all about politics and there is no such thing as fighting for freedom. Not now. Aren't you free enough? Do you feel not free? So why should you fight for more freedom? Fight with whom? Bad guys? There is no such thing like bad guys who want to take your freedom. It is fabrication of the politicans.

Have you ever been to an islamic country before the war started?

I would enjoy my wakeboarding no matter the war started or not.

P.S. I would gladly die protecting my family, my friends and my country from anythings that threatens to take them from me. But that simply is not the case. Can't you make the difference?

(Message edited by georgi on April 20, 2007)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-20-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
ignore! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ignore! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
^^^^^ I agree ^^^^^
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
"So, what about those 60 000 civilians dead since the war started?"

We don't use carbombs, and we don't engage people in mosques. You need to direct your questions to Al Jazeera.

Sorry... my last response.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-20-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Soldiers don't decide when or where wars are fought. They volunteer to act with courage and valor when called upon. And that is something that any free nation can be thankful for.
Old     (bdaddy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-20-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
I truely appreciate our troops but I would like to support them out of Iraq. We won that war a few years back...time for them to come home and have a beer or two. I know I will give a soldier a tow behind my boat any time.