Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
We had an EPIC week @ Shasta, great crew, great conditions & good times had by all. Good to see you @ the docs Clete & Kimmy / Brodie thanks for tying up with us - all smiles here!

We rented our HB from Jones Valley & were very impressed the experiance compared to the problems @ Antlers. Everyone was super helpfull when we were loading up, swinging by for gas/ice etc. We lost power on our HB @ 10:30 on the last night ( on but dim ) so we weren't able to use the hot tub / stero / etc... One the way back in my boy was driving the HB & bent the the prop on a submerged tree. We went back for the check-in, explained the power problem & coughed up bout the prop & the Mgr came out to see us & was very cool. They covered all of our HB gas, generator gas & prop damage for no power / HB problem on the last night ( bad relay between the battery banks / switch board ).

Anyways heres the pics, can't wait for next year!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Awesome, Aaron... Good to see you guys had a good time. Next year we should hook up on our houseboat dates and try to be at the same lake.

Pretty sure we're gonna do Shasta next year.
Old    mendo247            07-13-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Nice to hear Jones Valley took care of you! Thats a nice looking houseboat..
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
cabo wabo and patron, sounds like a good time to me.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-13-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
I've never done Shasta but I'm definitely going next year. Everyone here is making me jealous with their pics.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-13-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
Aaron,

Your pictures look great. It was a bummer that we couldn't meet up with you this year. It's a tad bit complicated for us when the fourth is not next to a weekend. On another note, we were there last weekend and we drove the houseboat from Bridge Bay to LBC in picth black conditions (no moon). It was in interesting cruise to say the least but we made it and had an awesome trip. Kimmy tried to do the same to meet up with us but she got lost in the dark.

We should put togehter an old school trip soon. I think Blake was only two weeks old on his first trip to the lake. Oh the good times you got in front of you.

Take care and please stay in touch my friend.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
MAS:

Draining my water under the knee ;)
Upload

Shoreline spot
Upload

Chillin
Upload

roman candles
Upload

Jess
Upload

kc
Upload

crew
Upload

Gals
Upload

Boozers
Upload
Old    murrayair            07-13-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
Awesome pics! Looks like you guys got a great spot, which can definitely be hard to do on July 4th weekend. Shasta has always been one of my absolute favorite places to ride.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
David, Nate Mark, Thanks All. Shasta is def a favorite of mine... We went through 3 2 liters of Yager, 2, 2 liters of Vodka, 2 2 liters of Jose, bottle of patron, cabo wabo, 14 30 packs & 3 cases of Rock*Star. Needed a vacation to recover from the vacation

Coop - I had a much better experiance with Jones Valley than I did with Antlers thats for sure. Hope all is well.

Matt - all smiles here brother, the wife is due in Aug so I am not sure if I can sneak another weekend trip in this year but it's on next year.

Evan how did the new HB's on Bullards work out - they looked pretty nice from your shots? How was the spacing / sleeping arrangements? I am definately game for a big trip next year, KIT. Did you use the mortars I gave ya?

BTW - On Thursday the lake was virtually empty in the Pit arm, we only saw a couple boats that day during the AM & every evening set was just like the pics above. Man I want to be back....

Lzy
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Nice, but what's up with that pic of the hillside...is that a black bear or one of you about to do something crazy? lol

Sweet blender!!!!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
David,

That was a Bear Cub, we were just finished making dinner & one of the girls spotted it, we didnt want to disturb it in its natural habitat or have a chance Mama Bear was close so we hoped in the Xstar & putted around the coves & watched him treck his way across the hill for about 20 mins!

The Daquiri Wacker is essential, we also rigged up 20 feet of misters to the roof than ran all day long - perfect as it was 110 out that weekend.

What I would give to be back for another week = )
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Big Daddy, The trip was such a fun time. Drinking my ass off in 116 degree sunshine was a blast... Not to good for my wakeboarding though. Next time I will try not to drink so much....yeah right!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Always a blast Ronnie, Im outta here, taking the X2 out for a set tonight if you can get off the jobby job?

BTW - Got Mortars?

Upload
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Aaron,

Looks like a great trip. We were just there a couple weeks ago,(http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/463636.html?1183604347) and I am DYING to get back. We rented from Jones the last 2 years, and they have been great, especially compared to Antlers. Looks like you had a blast!

BTW - be careful with fireworks. They will flat out lock you up if they catch you launching those. I know - only illegal if you get caught!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-13-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
damn.........im jealous as all hell......looks like you guys kicked it real hard..
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-13-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Yo, WW crew....I had a blast. Aaron I got many pics to share with you all. I had a blast, can't wait till next year to do it again. Are you going to rent or go on my HB? I should share some of the pics. I got lots of the set up you boys were building on top of my HB. Yea, Miggity...wish we met up but it was pitch dark that night. Anyways, many more time to come ahead.....Labor Day, my birthday. So who is in for Labor Day and July 27th to the 29th? Love to you all!