Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
I have a dual axel trailer and had new tires put on in July. I looked at my tires the other day and the back tires are wearing much faster than the front tires. It is to the point where the back right rear tire almost needs to be replaced again, and the front looks new. Is my trailer jacked or could it be a bad tire? If anything I would have thought the front would wear faster because when on my truck the trailer is tilted down very slightly.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-08-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Most likely your trailer is a little bent, it can happen if you catch a cross memeber at the launch. does the trailer look a little sideways when it goes down the street?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-08-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
A trailer shop should be able to do a wheel alignment for you and fix your problem. Some alignment shops can do it too.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-08-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Rotate your tires. With a tandem axle trailer, when you make a turn, you will always have a pivot axle and a skidding axle. The tires on the axle that skids will always wear out faster, so rotating them will give you more even tread wear and longer tread life. just my $.02
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
If you are making sharp turns on concrete the axles will shift/bend. I used to have my trailer lined up every year they actually heated up the axle and straightened it. Now I have just been rotating my tires a couple times a summer and also flipping the tire on the wheel (I have access to a tire machine). Hold a straight edge against both wheels on the same side to see how far out it is, should touch the tire in four places.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-08-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Another way to see if your tires are on the same straight path is to just roll through a puddle...cheap and efficient!