Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
I have a 2007 Malibu and it has the aux input for my I-Pod and I can not get it to work. It works fine in my Yukon but not in my boat. I have doen everything I know of to try to get it workin with no luck. The kicker is it worked last weekend just fine and now it doesnt. I am about to take the boat into the stereo shop and have them look at it but I dont want to look like a dumbass if its something easy to fix...Any suggestions on what to look at and try before I take the boat into the shop????
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-28-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
I'm just gonna skip the obvious and assume your hitting the AUX button. Sounds like something came unplugged. Have you double checked all your connections? Never hurts to unplug and re-plug everything.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
I hit source and it goes from cd, tuner, aux2 but not aux 1. WTF? I have checked as many connections as I can.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
What kind of radio, where does the ipod plug in, have you been behind the radio?
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
I think it is a Sony. It has the 1gb hard drive as well. The ipod plugs into an aux input below the circuit breakers. You just use a headphone jack and then change the radio source from tuner to cd to aux 1.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
I have the same radio, sony gigapanel, and mine doesn't have the option of AUX1 and 2 like you say yours does, it just have AUX, which is what I use to play my ipod. You need to remove the radio with two keys that you should have and make sure the connection by the circuit breaker is actually connected to the back of the radio.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
sorry i can't help you on that, since my 07 doesn't have the input by the breakers like yours does. i bet there are some people out here with ideas though.

i was going to say if you are going to go to the trouble of taking the radio out, then i would go ahead and get a XA-120IP iPod controller and install that while you are at it.

that way you can control the iPod from your headunit and transom remote too.

i'm installing mine tomorrow night after work, let you know how it works...
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-29-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Eric take alook on the front of your deck and see what model number it says it is.

It could be a bad cable, if you have pinched the wire at all it could have caused it to break under the shield.
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-29-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
1st press the source button to aux then press the button on the upper right 2x to get it to toggle from aux1 to aux2. I have the same boat and system.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
the winner of the answer to my question is.............Tom Fischer...Followed his advice and he was right....thanks Tom I owe ya one
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-30-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
beer please.