Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-20-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
Guys, we just bought a condo in Fort Lauderdale with a private dock that can afford a 85 foot yacht i know i know before your telling me and no we dont have 2 millions for a boat but do you know where we can find good deals on repos for 50-60+ yacht ?

thanks a lot
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
http://www.yachtauctions.com/inventory.php

http://yachtsalvage.com/list.htm
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-21-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
I can give ya this much advice....If your looking for that high end of a boat you can find really good deals on them with people wanting to get rid of them...Not sure on repos but if you just start searching for yachts you can find them and get a good price on them. I have a guy on my dock here locally that got a 55ft Sea Ray for a very good price. He had to fly to Louisiana to get it and ship it back but they were asking a fair price for it and he offered and really low price and the seller took his offer just because he needed to get rid of it. Just start surfing the normal boat listing sights and see what you want and in this economy throw a low price out there and see if they bite.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       10-21-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Go to the Lauderdale boat show coming up around Haloween.It is a great show and you can narrow down your choices and start shopping.As Eric said,there are plenty of dealers out there willing to take a loss on some big boats to get them off their floor plan.Repos in big boats can have numerous problems.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
Don't limit yourself, you never know where the good deal will come from so use many resources. I would call a couple local brokers and get them working for you as well. You may have already done it but the key is to narrow down what you want.

Here's my experience. I purchased an impeccably well maintained boat that was owned by a very wealthy individual. When it was time to sell, he put a price on the boat that was way under market because he had sold his winter residence at Ocean Reef and wanted it gone. One broker's company that I had visited got the listing, he urged me to look at it immediately and I bought it the next day.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-21-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
thnaks for your advices we are going back in the beginning of november for the condo renovation, when i will be there i will go see a broker or two just to let them know that i am interested to grab a deal :-)

thanks
Old     (linder)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-21-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
www.cooperss.com