Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
i am pleased to find out how many people on this site really know how much gas is.

half the pole pitches in at least $20 a day, that is awesome. between my friends im lucky to get $10 a week!

i have one friend that lives out of town and comes in about 2x a week he defenitly my fav person to board w/ he pitches in for gas and knows how to drive the boat the best, and hes of good skill level.

but then i have the 2 other friends, i think in a month time now i have gotten 6 gallons of gas. The problem is, is when i first got my boat we were all beginners, just being able to stand up and maybe 1 wake jump, we rode w/ no ballast and gas was $1.60 a gallon which was high, but w/ no ballast 20mph riding gas lasted, and i was just happy for them to come over so i could ride.

but now that we are alot better, doing w2w, spins, grabs, flips, etc. we run about 1200lb of ballast and gas is at $2.30 a gallon now, and no one pitches in. my one friend brings ice for the cooler thats it.

i think my friends just think that "oh, lets go on his boat and board all day it'll be fun, he cant go unless he has 2 others" so they think there doing me a favor just for showing up, man what i wouldnt give to have someone buy a boat that i could use all the time.

now i got this new friend that just moved onto the lake in an apartment, and hes really convenient to pick up and spot, but after he's gone out like twice, and i felt bad for just "using him" to spot, i taught him to get up on a wakeboard, now he's calling me everyday saying "you going on the boat? i wanna go"

is there a easy non "dick" way of getting friends to pay up?

my only way is either dont invite them out for awhile see if they get the hint, or plain out ask for money. i dont think either of these ways are good.