Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-26-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
How low to the water is the Sanger V210? Is there a problem with taking water over the bow/sides? If I were to buy a Sanger, I can't get the V215 because it's 6" over the length limit for the lagoon.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
I never had a problem with mine, even with 1500 lbs and 7 people.
Great boats and one of the best riding on the water.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Yes, the V-210 has a relatively low freeboard, but taking on water has not been a problem for me. We've taken our boat to Powell, Mead, Trinity, and other large lakes without incident. The Sanger hull does surprisingly well in rough water. I personally like the looks and feel of low freeboard boats , and our home lake is a fairly narrow river, so the boat works well for us.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Yes they are low. Yes they are bad arse. I haven't had a problem taking on water and I run more weight than most. You have to know how to drive tho and stay aware 24/7. Here we are pushing 2000 pounds & 5 guys.
Upload
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
We are happy with our V210 but it does take some water occasionally. You get some spray over the front going slow like in a 5 mph zone. We were anchored this weekend and had a boarder and a tube come by closer than they should. One got water over the bow the other got water over the stern. I don't sweat it though. It is a nice boat, just not as dry as some.
Old    walt            06-26-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
I have never taken water over the stern or sides. The only time I've ever taken on water is over the bow when I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
my cousin just bought a 210, such a sick boat. a friend has a tige 20v, relatively high--very high freeboard, he has got water a couple of times when loaded with weight. it can and may occur no matter what boat. i was very skeptical on sangers, but since my cousin's purchase i'm very, very impressed.
Old    mendo247            06-27-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Youll have to pay attention to the nose if you weight the boat... %98 of the time not an issue if your paying attention.. My V215 is the same way, put someone who doesnt want to listen to your advice behind the wheel and they will stuff the nose everytime lol
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       06-27-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Richard has it right. Everytime i have someone else drive they dip the bow and take water over the stern.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
If you don't do power turns (which you shouldn't) when your wakeboarding and loaded down you won't have problems. When your tooling around on busy days you'll likely have to power through a few rollers here and there. Sangers, due to there hull design do excedingly well in chop even with the very low free board and they look bad ass in the water too.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-28-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
Can anyone quantify for me roughly the difference in height above the water at the bow (# inches) between the Sanger V210 with all optional factory ballasts full and 4 people and my '97 Malibu Sunsetter unsacked, with 4 people in it? My wife takes water over the bow in the Sunsetter from time to time, and I'm wondering how much worse it will be for her under normal circumstances...
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-28-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
This is with 4 people and about 1200lbs, second is with no weight
Upload
Upload
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-28-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hmm, it looks like it sits pretty high with no weight in it.