Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-26-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

Haven't hit El Cap before and was looking for some info on it. When is it open right now, cost, how to drive it, directions? Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-26-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Geoff,

What's up stranger?

El Cap is not bad (Definately not San V though, by any stretch), especially if you get there early. Gets blown out pretty quick on the main part of the lake. Has not been real crowded, but quite a few fisherman in the back arm, which is where the good water is. Also, you can only board in the arm on Sundays. Open for water contact Fri and Sun only.

As far as getting there, pretty easy. Hwy 67 to Mapleview (where the rodeo arena is). Take it east about 2 miles to the stop sign/7-11 store (El Monte Rd.) Turn left (e/b ) on El Monte Rd, and follow it to the end (about 4 miles). Dead ends at the lake.

Same fees as San V - $5 launch fee, $5/person. Nice launch ramp, etc.

I may be going Friday if you want to jump on. Not definate yet.

Call me if you need more info.
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-27-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
man up and go to the bay
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-27-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
Ha! Might have to. As bad as I have seen El Cap a few times. I am leaning towards turd bay. Just won't put my boat in there. Fortunately I know a couple others who will.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-28-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Geoff. I'm an ass. I still have your rope. Boat is at the other house and I'm never there.

Totally agree with Buzz on El Cap. I've only been there once but it was a good day. Beats a day sitting at home.