Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-11-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Just got the news today... bummed but looking forward to recovery.

What type of surgery would those who have had this done recommend? I've heard different opinions already on avoiding a hamstring graph etc.

Also would getting back on the water next year be likely? (I'm trying to avoid getting my hopes too high haha) From what I've previously heard acl tears are a long slow recovery and it usually takes a year to feel 100%. Did you guys find yourself limited in your riding abilities or were you able to perform using a brace with no problems?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-11-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
I am 3 months post-op hamstring allograft (cadaver) and have been super happy with it. Just got fitted for my CTI custom pro-sport yesterday and the Dr. cleared me this morning for light wakeskating and surfing. At 12 weeks I'm 95% recovered on my hammys and like 70% recovered on my quads. No wakeboarding until 5.5-6 months post-op though ;).

My buddy Alex rides Pro Jr. Mens and had the same surgery last year and has consistently been sticking w2w 9s 12 months post-op... so I'd say the surgery has been very successful for both of us.

My buddy Mike had patella graft and split his knee cap into like the first week back after his 6 month layoff.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-11-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
BTW - search a little... there have been like a million of these threads lately.