Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (board4ce07)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2004, 8:42 AM Reply   
Im thinking about getting the CWB Zeus bindings and i wear a size 10 what size should i get?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
large. they should fit perfect.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
it depends on how much of a break in period you want to go through..my experience is that i am also a size ten and have the large Zeus..However i have been riding them about a year give or take and i have already taken them in twice,and they are still kinda of loose over the toe..i have to crank down hard on the lace loops to get them even to that point..

if i had to do it all over again i would buy mediums and just have a longer break in period but they would fit perfect now ..they seem to break in fast and stretch out..

if you dont ride a lot or get new bindings every year then get the larges but if you are planning on keeping them for a while get mediums...

i wish they had a m/l for the tweeners :-)

Old    shaggydan22            05-17-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have size 10.5 and I bought the mediums. I've had them for a year and a half and I ride a lot. Never a problem, still tight, still love'em.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Bill. did you try adjusting the overlay over the foot. my 2004s have a lot of room to adjust there.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
Yes i took them apart completly and brought them in one or two holes cant remember now..i think i can do it again but didnt really want to go through all that but will when it becomes neccessary..

if i bought mediums i wouldnt have had to do that IMO..

i like the bindings a lot though..good stuff..
Old    flying            05-17-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
Just got ones. hope they´re really good..
Old    dannyb            05-17-2004, 11:05 PM Reply   
I know people with them and haven't heard anything bad about them!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-17-2004, 11:20 PM Reply   
Bill the other way to do it is from the footbed. you can buy some thin foam and basically build up the footbed. Armed with a blow dryer & some 3M spray edhesive this will work well. I love mine & 2005's are going to be looking pimp!
Old    flying            05-23-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
I wear a size 8 and got the Zeus Medium size. I´ve just tried them at home, but i felt they were too tight in the front(my foot hurts).I don´t think this is normal. U guys ( Bill, Dan)wear size 10 , 10.5 and use Medium? By using them in the water do they became looser in the front? Or is it better try changing them for the Large ones?
Txs guys.
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-23-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
Has anyone ridden both Parks and Zeus and if so, what made you guys like one vs. the other? I'm torn between the two. My old cinchwraps finally gave way so I'm on the market for new bindings. I also am a 10.5. Sounds like maybe I would be a Large in Parks and medium in CWB?

Has anyone heard of anyone having problems with Zeus bindings or the new Parks Overlays breaking?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
i wear a size large and have a 10 foot size..i was saying maybe after ive worn them a year and they broke in more then i thought i could have worn a medium..Large fits just fine for me...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2004, 10:26 PM Reply   
Parks rip...dunno if they still do, but 2003 and older, guaranteed, they have or will rip. Supportive, comfortable, soft footbeds, but feet see to move forward on hard landings and/or crashes.

Zeus, the loops rip off the overlays. Really supportive and soft footbeds. The inner rubber is kinda harsh against the skin. Too tight and stiff for my taste.

Check out the DoubleUP Luke Wulf and the Liquid Force Transit.

Luke Wulfs - Supportive, super comfy, soft footbeds and flexible material for poked out grabs.

Transits - Supportive, super comfy, soft footbeds and kindy stiff material.

(Message edited by dakid on May 23, 2004)
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-24-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
davos07, I have large boots and a 10.5 foot...and that's the right size for my foot.

Let me start by saying I totally love the feel of the Zs on my feet. But Joe's right, I also had the loops rip on my too. The footbed is so soft that I couldn't hardly get them tight enough while on the boat...without ripping the loops. As soon as I started riding, they'd feel loose again. I usually like the tops somewhat loose but my foot never really felt secure unless I cranked both top and bottom.

My solution: Modify...
I removed the Z's static ankle strap and replaced it with the Hyperlite Option 2 adjustable strap.

(I actually had the guys at Cope / Ult watersprts do the mod)
Now the boots are easier to get on and off, I can even make adjustments to the Option 2 strap while riding and...I haven't ripped any loops since. After the mod, I couldn't be happier.
Works perfect and I totally recommend it!
Old    shaggydan22            05-24-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
Personally my mediums felt great when I tried them on in the store. Maybe it depends on how aggressive of a rider you are. My opinions differ for Joe U's a bit. After riding o'brien ions, I didn't think the zeus were supportive at all. Great for tweaking. Also I like the rubber interior. I wouldn't buy a pair of bindings without it. Feels like it keeps my feet in place better. Along with the rubber and smaller size I also crank them down as hard as I can. This is there 2nd season and so far no problems with lace loops*knocks on wood*.

I have tried the parks, but I didn't think they held me down as well as the zeus. Didn't wrap around my foot as much. Maybe if would have tried a smaller size they would have been better. I also thought the footbed wasn't as comfy.
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
I wear a size 8.5 and bought small Zeus bindings. Had medium Parks and highbacks and after they broke in they were way to loose. Now, once I get the Zeus on my feet, it doesn't take much to get them SNUG! Best feeling boot for me sofar.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2004, 4:51 AM Reply   
the only Zeus lace loops that i know of that brake are the early 03s when they first came out and about 8months of manufacturig ..they were usuing the Nylon lace loops and the loops were wearing thein from the shoelace sawing into it..they switched to the hard plastic lops and havent had any problems in my area as far as i know..there are a ton of us wearing them here inDFW and no lace loops breaking so far..

CWB sent overlays with the new plastic loops out to shops so they can give them out..i got mine asap and got them fixed 6months ago and no problems since..