Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    tommyracer73            06-20-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
Hi,

I am still trying to work out what board I should be getting and am slowly favouring the idea of a LF Trip 133. I was just wondering what an equivalent Hyperlite board would be. The cable park where I bopard seems to sell only hyperlite kit at the mo. I will try asking for their advice, but they will no doubt try to sell me a hyperlite one. Would like to be armed before I ask.. Plus my german isnt that good so cant really "discuss" stuff with him...

Also, I have noticed lots of cheap Fanatic Blade 137's for like 250-300 EUR with bindings on ebay.de. Are these complete rubbish or would it be ok to get one like this? (CHEAP!)

Thanks,

Tom...
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
My opinion is that the byerly rides just like the trip... fast, has alot of pop... I have the byerly and my brother has the trip and I switch back and forth and I feel no real difference.
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Byerly is a slow board.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
i beg to differ... its a fast board
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
it is all relative to what you compare it to. fast compared to an old HL belmont or fluid, slow compared to a parks or trip. therefore I will say it is medium.
Old    brianthomas            06-20-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
A byerly and a trip should be fairly different. I would say the belmont or tfd would be the closest. Hyperlite doesn't really have any equivelant to a trip.
Old    tommyracer73            06-22-2003, 12:28 AM Reply   
OK then... in the absence of a similar Hyperlite I could try a different question.. Which Hyperlite would be good for me? I am 5'6" 75KG and a beginner who can just ride switch, just starting small jumps and having problems edging at the mo :-)

Tom...
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-22-2003, 5:53 AM Reply   
The belmont is really forgiveable, very loose but hooks up when you want it to, its also very predictable.I'd say if you get belmont it'll take you a long way and then you wont have to upgrade as soon as you get good.