Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2006, 3:07 AM Reply   
Looking at either one right now, but I've heard from the local shop that the Watsons have been coming back a fair bit for tears, not so much for the Shanes, so that is a bit of a concern (warranty excluding etc). I don't really want something that lasts a year than the minute out of warranty is busts open either.

So do let me know your experiences, would be much appreciated.
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
Here are my brand new shanes after 3 sets on the water & now Liquid force has had them for the last 2 weeks for warranty. Upload
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Here are my brand new shanes after 3 sets on the water & now Liquid force has had them for the last 2 weeks for warranty. Upload
Old    jrss13            09-03-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
I've had the LE Shanes for about 10-15 sets now with no issues at all. I know some people have run into problems with them tearing, but mine have been perfect so far.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-03-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
"I've had the LE Shanes for about 10-15 sets now with no issues at all."

I would hope not. 10-15 sets is how much I use bindings in less than 2 weeks. If my $400 bindings didn't last that long I would pissed.
Old    jrss13            09-03-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
I am just saying this, because the previous post said his broke after 3 sets.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
hmmm...almost seems as though its a mixed bag, probably equal. One hand the shop tells me its the Watsons having tearing issues mostly, other hand those with Shanes have them ripping as well. Probably its just the no hardware construction of the bindings. That said, the amount of Watson's being sold probably outstrips the amount of Shanes, so all up percentage wise of tearing might be equal....

I was considering the 3DS as well, but heard and saw a couple of pairs not really rip like the Shanes, but the overlays since they are glued down tend to lose their grip to the binding and ride up after a while exposing the hardware.

Think I'll just go with my gut and see how it goes.
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-03-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
this past weekend my friends brand new shanes looked identical to dereks after the first day
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-03-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
trying to guess which binding will tear later shouldn't be a discussion if you're dealing with a quality company. i always hate the people who recommend a different brand when the original poster doesn't even mention any other companies, but maybe you should consider the 3ds or a cwb binding instead of gambling with liquid force. if you're stuck on the shane's or watson's, i'd go with the ones you think are going to tear first (speaking from experience, both will, ultimately, fail in a short amount of time) so that hopefully they're still covered by warranty. i've had liquid force gear literally break in month 13 and lf won't cut you any slack
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-03-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
I have personally seen a pair of shanes rip apart as well. IMHO its not the binding warranty so much your boardshop relationship. I have a strong foundation with my local shop, when my watsons ripped I took them back for warranty. They just let me trade them in and get a brand new pair, they took care of the warranty work. The transaction took me all of 5 minutes on the phone to check with them if that was cool, then another 30 to go trade them in. All said and done I was riding the next day.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
I reckon with the way things are going, I might just get a pair of Sphynx/Transits now and stay happy. Will give the no-hardware construction a miss.

Thanks everyone.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-03-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
aren't the '06 transits and sphynx's no hardware as well?
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
You're thinking of the 07's mate ;)
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
hi derek

where did u get your binding screws? thanx

anyone know where can i get it online? thanx
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Bryen, they are liquid locks that I picked up from my local boardshop, they are great for quick on off or adjustment, and you dont have to bust out the screwdriver to check if everything is tight.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
is the liquid locks by liquid force also?
Old    funkytown            09-05-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
Derek, those look identical to how me shanes ripped and broke! Mine tore along the sole and the base plate broke/tore off as well...... after only a few weeks of ridding!

it sure seems like all binding manufactures this year have sacrificed quality for aesthetics!