Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Hi, I just got a new boat and was wondering if it needs perfect pass. First off, what is perfect pass? what does it do? Right now the boat has a 300+ hp engine, does it need perfect pass? Sorry if I left out any information, I don't really know anything about perfect pass. Thanks
Old    norcal_99            05-27-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Perfect Pass is a speed controlling device. Kinda like cruise control on your car. It maintains a constant speed for the pull.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-27-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
It depends on how good you are at keeping the boat at a constant speed. It also depends on how well who ever is pulling you can keep speed. It allows anyone to become a good puller. Get it if you can afford it.
Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Alright, thanks for the advice. I will check with my local boat dealer

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-27-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
Don't some people call it the marriage saver???
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-27-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
How well of a job does the perfect pass really do? Is it responsive enough to compensate for when someone is cutting outside really hard, when you would normally have to jockey the throttle a little bit to keep the speed?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-27-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
Yes. It will hold speed better than any human could hope to.
Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-27-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Cant say enough about it man this is one option that you just have to try out. It is the Shizzzzzl.. gives anyone that is driving a sense of ease for a great pull.
Here is a post that talks some good about it as well. I know i will never get another boat without it.
Good luck
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/69287.html
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
I call it the marriage saver. My wife will not drive for me without it. I am not that picky, but for her, it was difficult to hold a consistent speed. Perfect Pass takes the problem away.

I just became a Perfect Pass dealer. If your boat dealer cannot assist you, please e-mail me.
Old    kennethl            05-27-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
It makes a big difference.. I wouldnt buy a new boat without it
Old    mojorisr            05-27-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
I am not married but it is definitely a relationship saver. I struggled for so many years to find someone who could actually pull me consistantly well. I always said that I wish I could drive for myself. Perfect pass is a gift from the gods. Now anyone who can drive a boat straight can give a great pull. I agree with the previous posters that I would not own a boat without it.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Once you have it there is no going back.

WWW.PERFECTPASS.COM You can buy directly from them and probably save some buck. Wakeboard Pro or Wakeboard Cruise depending on your budget. Mine was down for a weekend and I couldn't believe how much I missed it.
Old    norcal_99            05-27-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Set it and forget it.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
I call it the marriage saver too! It gives you a consistent pull every time, dont buy a boat without it! You wont regret it.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-28-2004, 3:42 AM Reply   
The factory can't discount, I can.

rider@boarditup.com
Old    matt_karl            05-28-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
Unfortunately I Can't afford to buy a inboard wakeboard boat, but I do have a nice I/O crownline with tower and ballast sacks. Surprisingly it does very well for what it is. Throws fairly large wake that has great shape, my problem though, it is really hard to hold a constant speed. Has anyone put perfect pass on an I/O and how well do they work for this type of boat? The motor is a 5.7L EFI mercruiser 260hp. Any suggestions about adding PP, would be greatly appreciated.
Old    dezy            05-28-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
Another nice thing about PP is that it allows you to focus more on the other obstacles in your path and your general direction, in turn enhancing safety and making crowded situations less stressful, we love ours
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-28-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
Just go out and buy it, Install it, USE it, and then come back on here and tell us thank you and how great it is! Its the single greatest addition to ANY BOAT! Hands DOWN!

Just buy it and then come back and tell us how great it is!
Old    grampawakerider            05-29-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
Matt-
Perfect Pass can be installed on i/o's. I have one installed in my 190hp Bayliner. Does a great job for us. YES - Perfect Pass IS a marriage saver. You shoulda heard the way I USED to talk at her.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-30-2004, 2:57 AM Reply   
Matt, ive had one installed on a 19' I/O with a 5.0 mercruiser for a couple years now. Like the others have said it is a computer so it will drive the boat better then 95% of the people out there.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
Relationship saver. That is for wives, husbands and best friends for that matter.
Old     (blackhash)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-31-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
i have only been on one boat were i would use perfect pass other than that i would pass. I have only seen perfect pass cause injury on double ups...but it really depends on the boat whether or not it works well and the calibrations can get messed up...would i pay extra for it NO, would i use it if i had it maybe.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
Kevin thats funny because ive had one for quite a while and have never had to recalibrate it?? As far a driving a double-up, i think that was probably the drivers fault. Even with the PP on you can bump the throttle up after you start the turn and pull the throttle back a bit after you straighten up to hit the double.