Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-17-2003, 1:01 AM Reply   
Here is a quote from the latest issue of Alliance:

"WakeWorld.com had over 75,000 visitors in April. But the same 20 that are locked in the chat room everyday [sic] won't let them get a word in edgewise."

I'm assuming they meant this discussion board since we don't have a chat room.

What are your thoughts?
Old    mikebailey            06-17-2003, 1:15 AM Reply   
Hi Dave,

I have not been on the ww forum long, but can say that it is those people who are regular contributors, that keep the topics and advice alive and interesting.

Just check out the eurowake (no offense guys/girls) forum, it is sadly lacking in this area, and would benefit from having a core group of people who do post on a regular basis.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2003, 2:36 AM Reply   
The core would be more than 20, probably more like 100 or so.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2003, 6:21 AM Reply   
I think I'm one of those 20, hahaha.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-17-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
Dave is that "unique" visitors a month?
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Don't even know why you are paying attention to the comment, since they don't even realize this is a message board and not a chat room and also apparently don't realize there is no such thing as not being able to "get a word in edgewise" in a forum such as this. There are no impediments to anyone posting who wishes to do so.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
Well said Paul!
Old    corey_marotta            06-17-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
I'm stoked they talked about us. Being a fan of both mediums and probably guilty of the 20, I laughed when I read it. It should be taken lightly and with humor.
Old     (geoff_l)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Man, Paul stole my thoughts again. I can never get in a post without him stealing my thunder.
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Dave, I would disagree with that quote. I am certainly not part of the 20 or 100, and most questions I've posted has gotten a response, either my email or on the board. Becoming one of my fav sites, lots of great info. Thanks!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
Chat board, sheesh!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-17-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
Actually, I should have mentioned that it appeared in their Brown Trout section where they run through miscellaneous facts and press releases they've received and usually tag a punch line to the end of each one. I thought it was pretty funny and was stoked to be mentioned.