Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
i'm getting me a closed toe binding :-)

i can get either one but which do you think i should get?
thanks
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
their both sick bindings,

the watson is more flexable the the Ronix bindings, but the ronix bindings are a bit more comfortable In my opinion.

and the watsons are heat moldable, but they arnt remoldable, and it breaks your warrenty.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
I have the ronix ones and love them. they are lighter than the watsons and they are plenty flexible. Only problem I am having is that they are starting to smell like wet a$$ after riding 4 times a week for the last few months.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       06-30-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
just exchanged my Ronix Ones 4 LF Watsons. Didn't get the ankle support from Ones like I do w/ the Watsons, IMO.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
sweet, thanks shawn...

i hurt my ankle last week wakeboarding and it affected my running (i play lacrosse and run an hour 5-7 days a week)...
keep the help coming
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-30-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
i would go with the watsons, i have last years and they offer great ankle support and easy entry. They look better than the ones too
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
i think i'll be going with the watson now, thanks
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-01-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
The Watson's are a little more supportive in my opinion. They are also super comfortable. The Ronix are very comfortable as well. I didn't like that the Ronix liner was removable due to the fact that the liner would tend to come out of the boot when I was taking them off. Not a big deal, but it got to be a pain to have to keep putting the liner back in.
Old     (utwake1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
I have the Ronix one bindings and absolutely love them. very comfortable & flexible & super lightweight. the liner is heat moldable as well. i like them much better than the 07 watsons
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
I demoed both.......Ronix stuff just isn't holding up at all. Those liners are just glued in in the ones and come out constantly. Lots of problems there and now well they are saying well they are reomovable...Ha guess they changed their mind.....Still a comfy bindiing, just not keen on keeping track of pieces to my binding

Personlly after riding both the Watsons are a step above Ronix One's quality wise and give a bit more support. I would say the Watsons and the Cells are more compareable in stiffness and the Ones and the Shane's. Just don't think Ronix worked through all the kinks yet this being their first year. Loved em and they lock you heel down great, but the Watsons felt like I didn't even have anything on. Felt like Slippers and gave me a little more support. I would also check out the Shane CT's Those were my favorite of the 3 by far. They felt like I had pillows on my feet. If you think the Watsons are a little wide or not giving you the lock down.....GO Shanes. the just grip your foot a little more.
SEE my post

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/469233.html?1183198375
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Ever thought about the Shanes?