Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
It's hard if not impossible to get the time to demo these boats, but the 3 above boats are what i've narrowed it down to. main reason is these boats have dealer support closest to me(3 hours away). 2nd reason is these boats aren't as common, i like to be different. I'm of the opinion you can't really go wrong with any new boat out there. cast your vote of which you think. please, these are the ONLY boats to vote on, no mc or bu or any other brand. thanx
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-10-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
which side do you ride the most ? goofy or regular ?
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
I'm ride goofy. do some boats favor one side over the other??
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-10-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
We drove 4 hours to get to a dealer we liked... we have a centurion dealer 30 minutes but their jacks so we opted to drive the 4 hours to get it and for service...
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-10-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
ryan, some boats do favor one over the other... i am not to sure if there is a boat that excells at both.

i have "heard" the 05/06 vlx is better on the goofy side despite being a regular rotation prop..

if you are into wake surfing, make sure the goofy wake is to your liking and what it takes to make it work (ie how much extra ballast and where)

btw, my 05 nautie 211 is a reverse rotation prop and is the goofy wake is beautiful (the port side is very good but the starboard side is mind boggling)
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-11-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
caddy, thanx for the info. I'm gettin the vibe that the nautie is a great boat for goofy surfing. Might have to look harder at them. who coulda thought buying a boat is so hard with decisions. in the end, like it's been said before though, whatever boat you buy will serve you well.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-11-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Most boats have left hand prop rotation which favors the regular surfers. Nautiques have right hand prop rotation which should favor goofy surfers. I bet if you order a boat you can get the rotation of your choice. I saw an eBay boat for an Enzo RH prop and transmission.

We had an 06 VLX for just a few days for an event. I thought the wake was pretty good on both sides. I would like to have more time to play with the wake but as it was we had pretty good success right away.

Buying a boat is very difficult and darned expensive.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Centurion offers the Enzo in both regular and goofy foot versions. I have a 23ft Enzo and wouldn't think of owning anything els for wakesurfing. Sideswipe exhaust for safety(just sounds sweet). Handles very well when loaded for surfing too. Mine is currently the featured ride on wakesiderides/centurion site.
One of my favorite features is the walkway across the transom under the rear hatch and rear corner seat. A very well thought out boat with a very unique look.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-11-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
here is the goofy wake on my xlv
Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-11-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
our Centurion dealer is clueless as well when it come wakesurfing.

My sister went in there completely prepared to drive away with a 07 Enzo but the dealer completely blew the sale.

After being told that the majority of use will be from goofyfoots "well you know that they only run the port side in contests". Then during a wake check a fat sack was installed on the starboard side but the port ballast was accidently filled. The result obviously was an unsurfable wake. It wasn't until my brother law asked to see the port wake looked like (to see what the "strong" side looked) that the salesman realized his mistake. By that time it became "too windy" for further tests and they had to go back.

How can someone expect to sell a boat that they don't even know? It's a shame too because I was really looking forward to riding behind a new Enzo. Since then we've discovered that a 05 Nautique throws a better goofy wake then anything I've seen behind a Centurion so maybe the salesman did us a favor.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on September 11, 2006)

(Message edited by CAskimmer on September 11, 2006)
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-11-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hey Sean, I'm in the same predicament. I think i'm going to go with th enzo though. we'll keep you guys posted. thanx for any and all help so far. ryan
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-11-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
I'm sure you'll be happy. Like you said it's hard to go wrong with a boat these days.