Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Paul)      Join Date: May 2011       10-01-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying a new boat in the next year or so and I came across this one on only inboards. I know it's a DD, but I do like slaloming the course as well as wakeboarding. I have little knowledge about Tige's, (more of an MC guy myself) and I was just wondering how the wake is (both slalom and wakeboard). Would the wakeboard wake be decent with some added weight? If so how muchweight? Here's the link http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=29563.

Any help is appreciated.
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-02-2011, 12:02 AM Reply   
overpriced in my opinion and im from canada.
Old     (txmxer)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-02-2011, 12:45 AM Reply   
Seems a slight bit overpriced from what ive seen as far as 22i's go. But then again it only has 55 hours which is very low for an 04. Especially if they live in castaic, since they live close to castaic lake. Looks like a very clean boat though, try to work on the price though.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
Way overpriced. You could get the same year boat with low hours in a V-drive for less.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-02-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Offer what you're willing to pay, thats what it'll be worth to you. Worst that can happen is seller says no.
Old     (Paul)      Join Date: May 2011       10-02-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies, I was drawn to it because of the low hours, but it sounds like it is a bit overpriced after doing some more research. I'm still considering waiting a bit longer and getting a vdrive, but does anyone know what the wake is like on it?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yea dude just wait, the wake on that boat is miserable!

All of the tiges before 2011 do not have stock ballast! unless the boat was ordered custom.

I would not recomend a tige unless its 2011 or newer.

My favorite boats stock are centurion avalanches and the older hull nautique 210 which is 2006 and older i believe.
supras and malibu vlx are also pretty good stock especially if the malibu has the power wedge.

and pretty much every boat is good loaded with sacs especially the nautique 230 and the star

axis a22 is also a great boat and are pretty cheap new

(all boats I listed above are v drives)

hope my advice helps

and sorry for the hate on tige, but it took them a while to figure out that ballast is needed
Old     (Paul)      Join Date: May 2011       10-02-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thanks JB

Yeah I agree factory ballast is awesome. I think I'll just wait and stick with the parent's X-30 and save up for a decent vdrive
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
Well you mentioned slaom. The slalom wake on this biat is very nice. So I think JB is full of **** about that. For wakeboarding of course ballast would help. But again with weight the boat makes a fine WB wake. With a surf ballast system the boat makes a great surf wake.Tige offered factory ballast in all their boats it was up to whomever ordered it wether they wanted it or not. I have the factory system in my 03. I do agree the boat is a little high in price. And IMPO it would come down to wich wake was more important to you. you will be hard pressed to find a V-drive that will make a slalom wake anywhere near the quality of slalom wake on this boat.. If slalom is your top use and wake board second I would say this is a great boat for you. Go to Tigeowners.com guys there will show you wakes on the boat and give you some REAL world educated info on the boats. Good Luck in your search for a new ride.
Old     (txmxer)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-02-2011, 12:53 PM Reply   
I wouldnt steer clear from it just because its a pre-2011 tige thats for sure. Just the price which is understandable from the sellers point of view because he's only got 55 hours and a very clean boat. Like mentioned earlier see what the wake is like, decide what wake you want more, and make an offer that you feel is reasonable. The good thing is you can probably get him to give you a test drive out on castaic.
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
I've owned one Tige and one Matercraft. I loved both. I probably had less trouble with my Tige, but it had nowhere near the amount of technology, thus less to go wrong. My next boat will be a Mastercraft, but that is just my preference.

As for wake, I agree with previous statements that with proper weighting this boat will throw a great wake and the boat will be multi-purpose. It sounds like you don't mind diversity, so it's probably a good fit for you. Get an aftermarket ballast system plumbed in. You'll lose some storage space, but it will make your life easier.

For that boat I'd probably offer low-$20k range. I haven't been keeping up with used Tige prices, but I've been watching X-Stars sell from $40k-$50k for low hour, late model units, so clearly the market is soft. Start by looking up the value at nada.com and subtracting 25% from wherever they peg the value. Also watch eBay closed auctions to see what similar boats sell for. You can't pay attention to bids that don't meet reserves--you have to be sure the boat sold for it to be a good indicator. Those prices are listed in green in the completed auctions list. Since you aren't in a big hurry take time to watch what these other boats are going for--a lot of people are facing cash-flow issues right now and are taking discounted prices. Doesn't mean you should try to steal one from a guy with his back against the wall, just know that the market is soft and "FAIR market value" is significantly lower than it has been in the past.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-02-2011, 10:50 PM Reply   
If your looking for wakeboarding and skiing, I would suggest you look at a Sanger V215. I think it has the best skiing wake for a V-drive on the market. Add some weight and it does a good job wakeboarding. You could pick one up for a similar price as that Tige'.