Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-13-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
i think i will be in kissimee over the school break, dec 20th through jan 8 and was wondering if anyone is riding often and if i could get some pulls, not sure if im going to bring my boat or not. thanks yo
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-13-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
i do realize i did just write aream, dam
Old     (wakecat)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-13-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
we ride often, during the week in the afternoons. Drop me a line when you want to ride.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-14-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
I am also coming to Orlando from the 19th to the 24th. You got room for one or two more Johnny? Gas money and beer in trade for a set or two?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
HiJack!! Just wanted to post my opinion after reading this. I'm not meaning to bash anyone here, but after living in Orlando and knowing how things run, I 1) can't believe people ask for rides while visiting from out of town (ride the cable) 2) can't believe people are sincere enough to give them rides. There are people in Orlando looking for rides everyday, and tons of them aren't getting any. You have to monitor who you talk to and what you say to avoid people calling you everyday to bum a ride when you have a boat in O town. Businesses (camps) function because of the difficulty in finding a ride (and the weather of course). So to end my rant, people that are asking keep asking, but don't really expect anything, cause you're in a long line. And to those locals who do give rides, you're great and much appreciated, but realize there's a bunch of riders in your neighborhood without rides, ever. Johnny seems like a good guy for offering, but a crazy "cat" all the same for doing it. I lived right down the road from ya, guess I should've gone on hear to meet my neighbors. No negativity meant here, just stating my thoughts. that and ya'll are going to be almost an hour apart.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-14-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
i was gonna say about the same thing. shocked that you got even a response.

Johnny u kick Azz!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-14-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
cables are great! Thats the main reason for my trip to FL. But its also fun to ride with people with different styles. One of the last times I was out to FL I rode in Palm Bay with some really cool people (thanks again Tim and John!), and the style of the riding I saw still makes an influence in my riding today. I love to see the difference between east and west coast riders. Its not a mooch, or looking for a hand out, its almost like a search for new ideas. I ride with alot with the same people, and they are sick riders, but the style is different in different places. And the businesses in place to give pulls are great, too. But the last few times I've riden at them I dont get to see any riding, I just get to ride myself.
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-14-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
A-dub and Jonny...I'm a little disappointed at your response. Your opinion does not seem to help, or for that matter is it indicative of, the "spirit" of wakeboarding. I live in SoFlo which of course also has no shortage of riding/riders. I am always happy to take out a visitor. Is there really a glut of out-of-towners asking for pulls? I have met many wonderful people by helping people like Ryan out. Even people from foreign lands and once an Olymbic bronze medalist (judo)! So, I say take a pull, give a pull; pay it forward fellow boarders!
Old     (jnelson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-14-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
If I were going to be around you would be welcome to come out and ride with me. My new boat also does not come in till Feb. Same for all my "neighbors"
Old     (wakecat)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-14-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
A-dub "No negativity meant here"? It sure does sound like it. Like you mentioned it is hard to find new people to ride with in Orlando. Most of my friends don't enjoy wakeboarding like I do. I’ve met a lot of people by offering a pull or vise versa. If fellow local or out of town riders are willing to through some cash for gas and some beer....why not? If you lived right down the rode from me you should have contacted me. What better place to find other riders then a Wakeboarding website?

I agree with WakeViolater I enjoy riding with different with different styles.

Jeremy let me know if you also want to ride. I noticed your in Orlando.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-14-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
Thanks Johnny,

Sounds like those guys are burnt out water skiers.

Im rolling to Miami for the first few days of my trip, but would love to ride with you. Can you email me your number and I'll hit you up around the 20th-21st?

amarchiniak@hotmail.com

Thanks again,
Al
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-14-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Partyb,

dont tell me about give a pull/take a pull. do a search for Vegas and ask/find out how many people we /i have taken out that are either new to Vegas or just visiting.

also florida and that area has a reputation and the reputation didnt start on its own, i am sure there are a few people like you guys that take people out when asked but the majority of it is "clicks". that is exactly the reason i bought a boat back in home since no one ever seemed to have room on theirs at the local lake,so i said F-IT, and lucky for me i was in and still am in a position to buy one/have one.
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-14-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
hey johnny thanks man if you could pm me your number ill def. give you a call while im down there and we can ride.
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-14-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
hey johnny thanks man if you could pm me your number ill def. give you a call while im down there and we can ride.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-15-2006, 3:49 AM Reply   
There are many wakeboarding schools and camps in Clermont, Florida (20 minutes from Disney) where you can pay to get a pull.

You can also rent boats.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-15-2006, 4:18 AM Reply   
Hi Ryan, Were 1 hour away but live on two private man-made lakes if you'd like a pull. Send me a PM and I'll forward you contact info and directions from Kissimee. It's real easy to get here from there.

Craig
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-15-2006, 5:57 AM Reply   
Hey Craig, Have you sold your 220 yet? Please tell me you are still just 'trunking' it down there and haven't had to break out the 'suits'.

I haven't ridden since September and can't wait to come down again.

Merry Christmas!

Todd
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-15-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Jonny, I sent your medal in the mail, you should get it soon.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Really didn't mean anything negatively Johnny. I commend you for offering rides, you represent the sport well.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-15-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
Todd, the 220 isn't for sale anymore, no trunks yet.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-15-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Wakeviolator, we also live in Palm Bay, Justin is an awesome rider and we live on two private man-made lakes. Let me know if you'd like to come over and ride with us.

Craig
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-15-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
heck ya Craig!

We are driving from Orlando to Miami on the 19th (leaving the airport around 9am or so). I bet we will be in Palm Bay by 10:30am or so. Do you ride this time of the day? Either way, email me you phone number and Ill give you a call when we arrive!

Thanks!
Al

amarchiniak@hotmail.com