Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
I'm having a bit of an issue with Malibu regarding the PWMC mirror and bracket that they installed on my windshield last winter. The two screws that attach the bracket to the under-side of the windshield are coming loose very easily, and Malibu does not want to attempt to reinstall them. Instead, they are trying to convince me to let them mount the standard CIPA mirror to the walk-thru portion of the windshield. However, I don't really care for that setup, and am hesitant to drill even more holes in my windshield. Any solutions or recommendations? Ideally, I'd like to get the Samson tower mirror, but don't really feel like spending the $315 given the circumstance.

A few pictures for reference.
Attached Images

Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
What about lock-tite
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
If lock-tight doesn't work, try taking one or two toothpicks and shove them in while you tighten the screw back up and break off the excess wood. Your screw holes have probably been hollowed out because of vibrations.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
Plumbers tape around the screws may help too.
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2011, 6:19 PM Reply   
Oversized screws. I may add a 3rd screw in the middle. What I would never do is put it on the walk through window. I once made the dealer order a new window because they installed mine there on a new boat.

sent using tapatalk
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-13-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
Install a riv-nut, if there is room.