Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old    spinninrick            04-13-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Has anyone else had this injury? I had surgery to repair mine 5 weeks ago and was wondering how long to wait untill its safe to wakeboard. I'm wearing a walker boot now without crutches.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
Ouch... that must have hurt.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-13-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
I had achilles tendinites in the 2004 season. It happened at the begining of the season and i would be out for a couple of weeks and than i would ride for a week and it would flair up again. I never ruptured it but came close. My best advice is take your time let it heal all the way or it will plague you. I ended up missing every contest that season except the very last one.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-14-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I ruptured mine playing football on July 4th, had surgery and was back to playing sports again full strength by Jan the next year. It takes some time to get full range back and build up the muscles again. Do your PT!!!
How did you do it?
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Good friend of mine partially ruptured his a few years ago and he was playing racquetball and softball 4 months later. Tracy hit the hammer on the nail, though. Do your PT.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
usually 4-6 mos. if there are not complications in your rehab. stick with it! good luck... be patient!
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-14-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
I did mine as well 5 years ago... At the time I played a lot of hockey and it took me almost 6 months to get in my skates again. But that was because of the size of the tendon and the swelling.

PT is very important.

But once you are at fun strength again... make sure you stretch it all the time.