Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
what kind of air/water temps should I be expecting?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-04-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
Morning Chuck,

A bunch of riders from the west coast are getting together in mid/late April a little more up North and it would be cool if you made it up...
Its an informal grass roots style get together to meet other riders and kick off the season right... There will be 100 + riders camping / riding / in attendance, raffles an all. Check the post out, either way have a good one.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/212308.html?1109901096

-= peace =-
Lzy

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-04-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Mid April, you might need a spring suit for the early AM set but other than that we start trunkin it late March. That's this month!!! Holy crap, I gotta go!
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       03-04-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
Aaron-thanks for the invite. We're camping with a bunch of the wife's High School friends that go to Naci every year, so we're pretty set to stay there.

Hilt-cool, thanks for the info...pretty much figured on bringing the l/s jacket.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-25-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/Agency_data/ReservoirData/CurrentReservoirData/d&r_current_n.htm
Chuck - have fun. Naci has not been this high in a while. you will have a blast!
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-05-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
How are water temps at Naci in mid-May?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-05-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Stephan can probably give you a more accurate answer, but from my past experiences, I would say mid 60's. when I used to frequent Naci, I would usually start trunking it at the end of April, and be fine.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-05-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
We've been wearing full suits the last couple weeks but I am getting ready to make the switch. It just ain't that cold. X-treme Marine is having a big event at their shop this weekend & then next weekend they are having a Malibu Demo Day at Naci. Come out, I'll be pulling folks & giving demos behind and LSV & the owners super sick VLX. Come on down!!
Old     (apmullaly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-06-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
The latest pictures of Naci are insane. We go every year and I can't imagine the water being so high. (Of course we usally hit it during the summer).
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
YO chuck-

What exact date? My buddy in Heritage Ranch has been buggin me to come up. Maybe I'll hit it when you are there.

CN
Old    bobbymucic            04-06-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Chris,

I should be up there mid-august, staying in oak shores. Let me know if you come up then.

B
Old     (gwondo)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-06-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey Chuck,

Me and a few friends are going up to Naci this weekend. Hoping for warm temps. Bringing the suits just in case. I'll let you know.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       04-06-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
Greg, yeah, if you go, definitely update this with the info. I'm bringing my long sleeve top just in case, regardless. I'm not too worried about it, I should be fine, but the group I'm going with is a little more of the fair weathered variety, and they're concerned the water will be too cold to have fun.

Neeley, next weekend, 14-17. Leaving 6-7 ish Thursday morning, have a group of 15 or so. I saw you leaving the Pilot gas station on Sunday afternoon, I had just pulled in (all white Funmover), you were pulling out.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-06-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
Greg, if you guys get a chance stop by X-Treme Marine in Paso on Saturday. They are having their big Spring Sale & you can expect some great tri tip to go along with the sweet deals they're offering up. After the last few days it's definately spring suit time, God I love this time of year!
Old     (gwondo)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-06-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
Might have to stop by. As long as we can pull ourselves off the water. First time back out in like two months. But tri tip always makes for a good lunch.
Thanks
Old     (gwondo)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
Hey Chuck,

Just got back from naci Sunday night. Had some wierd weather this weekend. But the water temp was about 60 degrees. The air temp was probably around 70 as long as the sun was out. We had the drysuits in the early morning but a few friends were trunkn it by the afternoon.
Hope that helps.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       04-11-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the update Greg!!