Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    lars_d            06-02-2003, 12:55 AM Reply   
Is the DNA shape so much better than the biolite? I've heard that the old honeycombs was'nt as durable as the biolite but does this still hold for the DNAs?

I am about to buy a new board and it is freakin' me out! I sold my old Belmont 134 yesterday so now it is time for dicissionmaking... Before I sold the old one, I was sure to buy the Parks 138 but now I am having doubts. What about the Belmont and the byerly 137?? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Kind regards

Lars, Denmark
Old    saxosham            06-02-2003, 2:09 AM Reply   
Hi Lars I ride the 137 Byerly dna 2002 model class board I love it, only on saturday past I jumped so high that on landing I split it right down the middle, this has concerned me greatly and i am now considering going for the biolite this time, but this board rocks!! You can go airborne on this board if you can handle it.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 3:12 AM Reply   
Where do you board Gareth? The Bann?
Old    lars_d            06-02-2003, 4:29 AM Reply   
Thats also what concerns me the most - you know if the board splits down the middle. Does it seem to be a general problem with the DNAs??
Old    wegotbikes            06-02-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
I ride an '02 Byerly DNA and have had no problems with it. Hyperlite is really good about replacing broken DNA boards do I wouldn't worry about. Also, they have stringers in the new 2003 DNA's that are suppossed to fix the problem.
Old    saxosham            06-02-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
Yeah i ride on the Bann, why you ask? It's about ther only decent place to board in the north. I love the board still don't regret buying it in any way.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-02-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
Dude I just had the same D to make when looking for an 03 Prem. The guy at the shop said unlessyou have about 4-5 inverts in your bag of tricks you don't need the DNA as in you won't get the benefit from it. He reckoned the Biolite was more durable so based on this and the fact that I have 0 inverts in my bag of tricks and can still get plenty of air on my mates 02 prem Biolite no prizes in guessing which one I went for.
hope that helps
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Lars,
You are not going to notice a difference between a biolite and a DNA. I was riding a 03 premier with 03 parks, the entire setup weighed a little over 14 pounds. A DNA is only 1 pound lighter. As far as a Biolite being more durable, they can break just as easily as a DNA, here is a pic of mine, snapped right in half on a TS front roll. IM001769.JPG