Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    blangster            05-21-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
hey i am having trouble convincing my mom and dad to let me get a new wakeboard. i told them have money saved up and will help pay for it. but i need some extra convincing. please help!!
thanks
Old    blangster            05-21-2003, 6:50 PM Reply   
i have an o2 hyperlite fluid and want a hyperlite belmont 141 o3
Old    smokie_mcpot            05-21-2003, 6:51 PM Reply   
just keep saving. 5 bucks here and there saves up fast. find part time jobs, there is a lot of cash to be made out there. don't say you can't work because of school. Think about every hour of tv you watch a week could be 5-25 bucks per hour. Just get out there and earn it.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
Well, if you have a older model ... or have if you outgrew your board ... if you can afford it ... how long is the season ... how old are you?
Old    blangster            05-21-2003, 6:56 PM Reply   
i am 13 years old and we stop around nov.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       05-21-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
get a premeir and just go buy it. i m 14 and that is what i would do
Old    smwakeboarder            05-21-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
im 16 and about a year ago i just asked my parents for my board for my b-day and kept bugging them about it and told them how much our old one sucked up and sucked up a lot.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-21-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
First off buy a 2002 not a 2003, there the exact same design, but the 2002's are cheaper. Have a look on the classified add on this phorum there are some gooddeals there. But basically you gotta pay for it yourself, just find a part time job, mow lawns whatever it takes.
Old    buttacup            05-21-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
ask grandma or grandpa that's what grandparents are for and your parents can never say no to their own mom or dad
Old     (jamesb)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-22-2003, 12:22 AM Reply   
What's wrong with your board that you have to change so soon? I still ride my '97 Nelson double up and in the last couple of months have I started to think about getting a new board (due to my change in riding style).

I am confused why everyone seems to have to buy the newest model each and every year.

Just my 2 cents.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-22-2003, 6:05 AM Reply   
Just buy one on Ebay. Your parents have to pay for it then. Tell them it will ruin your credit if they don't pay for it. Tell them you bought it accidently and you will pay them back. Parents never really make you pay them back.
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-22-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Tell your parents that it's peer pressure. Everyone else is doing it! HaHa. What you need to do is get your parents involved. Show them magazines and literature about wakeboarding and the new board you want. Tell them all about the specs and positives about that board. Make sure they understand that you have done your homework on what you want. Also make sure your parents understand your passion and love for the sport. Be sure to tell them that you've been working hard in school (which hopefully you have) and that wakeboarding is your way to get away from everything and release stress.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-22-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
I just bought a board and hid it in the closet. Eventually they saw it but by that time there was no way I could take it back. If you save up the money, then you spend it.
Old     (hiking42)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-22-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
Try to sell your old board on ebay or in the classifieds, that can get you some more money to your new board
Old    mandi            05-23-2003, 7:27 AM Reply   
Talk about it all the time it will drive them crazy hearing about it every waking moment. That is what I did, And guesss what I got a Trip for Christmas.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
Dont sell your board, you wont get much for it anyway and it means more to you if it is the board you learned on. I will never sell my 99' CWB.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Jack your 13 and want a 141?? You must be a very large 13?? As for convincing them, sorry no support here...im a parent and unless your throwing backrolls and 360's off the fluid id opt not to buy you a brand new board. Get a part time job for the summer mowing grass, delivering papers, washing cars anything and buy it yourself, while your at it maybe you could chip in to dad for the boat gas?? I hope i dont sound like a stick in the mudd but you know money dont grow on trees and boards aint cheap.
Old     (z1034ever)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-27-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Ask for lunch money and dont eat lunch!
I bought 2 paht sacs that way when i was in school.
Http://hometown.aol.com/z1034ever/index.html
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Workout a deal with the parents about getting a certain grade or GPA for a new board....
Oh wait, what you have already written that I see that would never work out,
Like the majority that have responded, get a job!

(Message edited by phantom5815 on May 27, 2003)
Old     (sn0w)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
What i did to get money when i was 13: go around cutting lawns for people, that adds up fast.
Old    deamonwake            05-27-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
Dude you got the money, right? then secondly do ya like the board ya got? if you don't like the board sell it, if your parents bought it for ya give them the money from the board you sold and buy the new one}
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
get a job!! get good grades or just use your friends board, thats what friends are for right?
Old    wakeboard_kid3            06-02-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
I've had the smae problem for a while. I talked to my mom and dad and my dad would let me do what ever I wanted but my mom is always saying no. I am 14 and i've saved up every penny to get one. Just the word wakeboard makes her want to strangle me.
Old    sarah_g            06-03-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
ok, first off, make sure you are willing to pay every single cent that board costs, you need to pay it all by yourself, and just tell them that it's your money and you can spend your money on something you want. and it deafinitely won't be a waste right? but one last thing, just make sure you save up some extra money to put in the bank...this is what my parents make me do. Three months ago I bought myself a pair of CD turntables and a mixer. Bought it all with my own money then I put the rest (couple hundred bucks) in the bank. Tell them you are saving it for college. College, you are saving for college. or a car. whatever.