Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-03-2003, 12:19 AM Reply   
Hey I keep hearing about how awesome and huge this wake can get but In am yet to see a Pic and am not likely to be owning one any time soon so would any of you SANTE owners care to oblige and post some pics of the wake sacked up
Old    masonlakerider            06-06-2003, 2:19 AM Reply   
I'd be happy to as soon as I can get ahold of a digital camera...until then sorry!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-06-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
I've been waiting six months so I can wait a bit longer
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-06-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
This isn't mine so I don't know how much weight is in there. Maybe you could ask gramps for all the info.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6844
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-06-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
700 pounds of lead and seven people. The weight distribution was poor. He has since perfected the wake. With the Super Air size isn't as much of an issue because of how solid the wake is and the steep shape. With about 500 in the bow and about 100 pounds on top of the tanks the wake is really nice.
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-06-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
Or Blabelmooch...hahaha!! Brain,did you get to go to any of the moto nationals down there??
Old    akman            06-06-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
My son answered the post for me and yes he is right. We are currently running 500lbs of lead under the bow cushions and 100lbs of lead over each rear tank. The wake is really sweet, tall, firm and clean.

Old    corey_marotta            06-06-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
When I ride next I'll get photos but I run 1000lbs in the front, one 500lbs in the locker and one 500lbs in the walk through. Then I run one 500lb bag on top of each tank in the back. With the cushions and center seat in the middle all the weight is out of site. She's a heavy girl and I like her that way.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-06-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
Funk, I didn't make it to Nationals but I rode the same track a week before. Incredible. Yamaha and Suzuki were there practicing.

Corey, do you have an extra motor to get that on plane?
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-06-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Blabel,how did you like mt.st.helen??? I remember the first time I went up it...geeeeshhh!!! What about 4th gear tapped coming down, talk about scarry.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-06-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
They don't open that part for practice but i can only imagine. I was bumping my way through the track almost out of control and people were passing me like I was standing still. On of the most humbling experiences of my life. But I sure as hell can't wait to go back! The tracks are great down here, I'm having a blast.
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-06-2003, 9:08 PM Reply   
Blabel,have you ever been to comp park?? I heard talk that they where closing it,any word on that??? That is one of my fav tracks next to southwick and millville and it would be a shame to see it go!!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
Sweet Guys thanks very much guess I had better start saving hard :-)
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-08-2003, 1:42 AM Reply   
Hey Gramps now that you have it perfect since that vid was taken any chance taking some pics of how it is now this season??

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-08-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
Funkster, Yeah Comp park is closed. They had a death there and it was shut down by the tribe that owned the property. There is still a rumor that he will open up the original Comp Park but who knows. The same owner now runs a track caled Starwest which is killer. Good variety and excellent dirt. It's really close to the Perris track.
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-08-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Blabel,yeah I have been to starwest!! I have not been to any So.cal track in about two years so I'am sure that they have changed in that amount of time!!!