Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
Does anybody know any info about this lake by Ft. Lewis? Looking for water temp, depth, how busy it gets, etc. Thanks!
Old     (nchype)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-07-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
my friend that lives in washington told me that not alot of people ride there
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Gets busy in the summer but if you get there early 7-10am you can get good water. I ride there all the time. Water temps get up to high 70's in the summer and low 40's in the winter. The lake has spots that are 90 feet deep. Average is prolly 60 feet.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-08-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
launch ramp recommandations, is it clean water for kids, alot of tubers and such and just boaters?
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
There are two launches but unfortunately the lakewood side has been closed for some time now. It looks like they are going to repave the staging and launch area. The Tillicum launch is open but you might have better luck beings you have military privelages and launch right out of the Ft. Lewis north fort marina launch. The water believe it or not is pretty clean. I've drank alot of it. Pretty much anything that floats. There are a couple of those car boats that rally to the small islands there. Not a very big lake so you see alot of the same faces. Lot of cool people with their families. If you see a green and white Calabria Pro V with a funky looking tower stop and say hello!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-08-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Thats why I was asking because my brother is now stationed there and lives one block from the ramp on the base. We look forward to making the trip from Whidbey down on some weekends.

Can you drop anchor and do a swim call?
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
There's a decent sized no wake area that you can drop anchor and get "faded" or let the kids swim.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-08-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
is it clearly marked and where is it located?
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-09-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
I ride there quite a bit in the spring and fall. summers get really busy out there. I rode there a couple weeks ago and the temp was around 60. but the weather has been chilly lately, so it may have dropped a bit.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-09-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Is there a website to keep track of a somewhat cuurent water condition?
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-09-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
not sure about that kenny, that would be cool tho. And the no wake area of American is located at the south end of the lake. It sort of looks like the lake ends, but then you will see a little channel, and after that it opens up again and is surrounded by the base. it's a cool little relaxing spot if you just want to hang out and not waste all that expensive gas you just bought