Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-11-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
OK...this is embarassing but I need some advice from anyone out there who has done or might know someone who has done this. while cruising up river at about 35-40mph we hit a sand bar at the lower Colorado River on Saturday. The water levels had dropped and this particular sand bar was only about 8-12 inches below the surface. Nobody was hurt and we were able to anchor the boat overnight until the water levels came back up in the morning.

What a crazy thing it is to see your boat totally surrounded by sand. It's almost like seeing someone get stuck in one of the dunes at Glamis. When I got out of the boat I immediately sank to my knees the sand was so soft.

We managed to float down river in the morning and get it off the sand bar since the water level had come back up a little.

We checked for damage to the prop, shaft, rudder and hull and found none. The bilge didn't come on either so we figured we were good. I started the engine up and everything felt normal (no vibrations, weird noises, etc.) I let it idle for a while to check the temp and it went right to 159-160 so we started to idle our way back home. The temp then started to rise and got up to 209 before I shut it off. We sat for a little while longer then fired it up again. This time it would not go over 110 degrees. So we puttered back to the launch (about 3/4 mile) & trailered it.

I pulled the impeller and it was fine so we called it a weekend and headed home.

So I need to know what I should check (I'm thinking something to do with the thermostat) to fix this problem as well as any other issues that I might come across that I can address now.