Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-14-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
Hey all; i've done a couple of searches but wanted to get the skinny on ordering custom-colored Wetsounds or altering the ones i already own...can they match the boat with factory colors, like for example, SC's charcoal color? or do i just need to take them to a shop and have someone local give it a try? For some reason, i seem to remember reading that Tim had some dealer colors in house that he could formulate.

Thanks!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-15-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
I've seen someone on here who custom painted their Pro80s in red to match the boat. Looked sick. I don't know about Wet Sounds offering anything other than white and black??
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-16-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
When I got mine Tim told me the white can be painted with no prep, while the blacks need to be sanded. I have a white and green bu so I got the white and had them custom painted to match.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-18-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
Tony,

Sorry it took so long to see your post. I have been out of town at surf expo.

We have had a lot of dealers and customers paint the speakers themselves. We have decided not to offer color options at the moment.

Wkerat is 100% right. Start with the whites. You can see his on our gallery section, they look great.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-19-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
We gave these three to the paint shop we use. They just prepped and shot them. These started out black.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    ausbill32            09-19-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I like the rack set you have on those, looks sharp. Paint job looks great too.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Damn, that's awesome. Lucky me, got the white ones!

So no prep is necessary at all on the whites? no sanding, nothing? That seems nuts! I'll definitely be getting these guys painted to match though. Thanks all!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Just wondering, What does it feel like to own an X-80?
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
yeah, your boat is badass man
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-21-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Thanks. But it's one of my customers boat. We did the stereo system. Here is the link for the rest of the install.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/438379.html?1177108007