Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (sixmilecrew)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
Hey, I want to move down to Cali from Ontario and am wondering where the best place to go might be, close to the wakeboarding and the surf. Let me know
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-08-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
1) How close to surf?
2) How picky are you with water conditions for wakeboarding?

You can do both in SD and live 5 minutes from both, but the wakeboarding sucks here.

You could live near the Delta which would be ideal for wakeboarding but you'll be a ways form the surf.

I guess a happy medium would be maybe Central CA where you could get to Nacimiento/San Antonio within a reasonable amount of time but still get to the ocean too.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
...or you could move to the bay area. 1hr to the delta, and 1hr to surfing.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-08-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
Too far!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
haha! yeah, i guess. but, "1hr" is being conservative. i suppose either can be done in 30-45min.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-08-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
That's why it depends on priorities. I couldn't live more than 30 minutes from the surf.

Surfing runs your life.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-08-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
Brentwood is up and comming. 5 min from the delta and 45min to an hour from good surf. Prices are still afordable and building is on the rise. If you need some more info e-mail me and I can hook you up my wife is a local real estate agent.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
God, I visited a girl in Brentwood this past summer & would never live in a place with so many damn strip malls. I hated that place. I guess I'm just sold on SLO.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-09-2005, 7:15 AM Reply   
Stephan,
witch Brentwood are you talking about? OJ's brentwood down south or the nor cal Brentwood? My Brentwood is located right next to Discovery bay and is a small town growing and not a mall in the city limits. But we throw a hell of a party for the corn fest in July.
Old     (sixmilecrew)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-11-2005, 6:43 AM Reply   
I'm looking to be closer to wake, and calm water would be great, i just want to be able to ride alot more than I can in Ontario. Preferablly not in a huge city, country boy
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-11-2005, 6:54 AM Reply   
DELTA.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-11-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
Come and see Brentwood or the surounding towns, Byron, Oakley, and Discovery Bay. Brentwood is very nice good schools and growing. Byron is still very country mostly farms and ranches. Oakley is the in between town, not as developed but still has alot of country to it. Discovery Bay, well its diffrent than the others and come with a pocket book. You can get a house on the water but is is $$$$$$. All the towns are minutes from the water and you always get butter on the Delta (well almost always). Good luck in your search. Cali is where its at.