Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
no worries.....
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
I could be wrong here, but I think the CWB 07 boards are heavier now, it will be interesting to see if this makes a difference in durability.

Im riding the 07 Absolute Platinum right now, time will tell if I can break it or not.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-20-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
FYI, you guys that are breaking alot of boards, you may want to check you bindings and insure they are sitting flat. When I was wakeboarding really hard, I was known for snapping boards every few weeks. Granted Im bigger than the average wakeboarder, so I assumed it was because I was just going huge and coming down hard. Turns out my big feet were bending the baseplates slighly, and the pressure wasnt being dispursed evenly across the plate.

Ive been mostly kiteboarding for the past couple of years. Its funny to see the brand loyalty in wakeboarding when it comes to boards that doesnt really exist to this extent in kiteboarding. All boards break. In fact, they are all built to break. its called planned obsolescence. Who do you think a board companies target market is? It isnt new riders. Its repeat brand loyalists who buy the new stuff every year. If they built a board that didnt break today, who would they sell to tomorrow? The newb market isnt near as big as the seasoned bandwagoners. Using bombproof materials would kill the industry.

My question is, would it be worth $1000 to have a shaper build a board specifically designed for you made out of expensive bombproof materials, and you never need another board again? It would be lighter, since it only needs 4 inserts for your specific stance and only needs reinforcing where YOU need it. From a money and performance point of view, its a no brainer. So why doesnt this occur more often in wakeboarding? Because in todays wakeboarding, the logo on the bottom is far more important than the ride or the economics. Brand loyalty is king.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
BG is pretty much "the man" for breaking boards. He's probably the only guy I know that could go out and intentionally break a board every set if he wanted too. Chris volunteer up your 3DS.... We'll see if BG can break it in a set. The only guy I know that breaks boards like him is Buffalow.

Of course, he's the only guy I know that looks like a linebacker and does Hoochie's and Crypt's.

BG you're a pimp. LOL
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
linebacker? i thought o-line.

haha! just kidding bg!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
haha!! Its all good Joe! I played o-line till I blew my knee!! But Im on a diet. Im hopin to get down to linebacker size by Spring ride!!

Thanks for the love Evan!! You ridin this weekend? Im not goin to the HB this weekend. I will give you a call when I get off work today!!

Chris, I put more rides on each of my CWB that the average rider does in a season maybe 2. So I think they have held up good. Thanks for the offer bro, but I will stick will my Cdub!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Yo, BG... Riding tomorrow morning. Hit me up. Weather is supposed to be killer.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-20-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
weather is supposed to be windy.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-20-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Looks like CWB is gonna stand behind their product. Not sure what they are gonna replace it with yet. I asked for a platinum Marius.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            10-20-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Sweet. CWB rocks
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Awsome to hear it.

Jarrod, Uhh?.... Saturday 84F with NE winds at 5mph. Sunday 82F with NE winds at 3mph. That's just off accuweather.com

If it anything like it's been all week, it'll be smooth.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Leo, I knew they would.

Dealing with CWB isnt like you would imagine dealing with a coporate headquarters, they were very personal. I didnt know that before, and now, like you, I do.

Glad you got the hook.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-20-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
I used to work at a school that was sponsored by cwb. We went through an entire summer without breaking a board and they got way more use than the average person would get in a few years.
All boards break. I would be willing to bet that every company has gone through a period of time when a bunch of boards break for whatever reason and they have to eat the warranty money.
As a general rule the lighter the board (Platinum, DNA, whatever) the more likely they are to break. Since you use it a lot and go big it is going to break quicker.