Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            06-16-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
I had WNC make up a blank for the perimeter stringer concept and shipped it to TWP to shape, paint and glass. The little one is for Judy, 4'1" the deck is texalium.

Most blank manufacturers can make you an blank to order, inluding perimeter stringers or other features. This blank set me back an extra $30 bucks and then a one time $75 extra for the machine setup when TWP shaped it.

Upload
Upload
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
Two very nice lookin boards Jeff! Those colors are killer!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-16-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Nice. Make sure Judy doesn't loose track of that board.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-16-2008, 11:35 PM Reply   
So you can order a blank from them and have who shape it for you?
Old    surfdad            06-17-2008, 4:39 AM Reply   
Thanks TX and Show - that is too funnt Show - she needs a leash but NOT when she's riding, only when headed back to shore! :-)

Yeah Twitch just like that. I liked the perimeter stringer arrangement, but couldn't find one that would work for our wakesurfers, so I roughed out the dimensions and asked WNC to make the blank up for me. Now the one word of caution is that it takes AGES - allow 6 weeks production time.

I also have a few blanks that I will have manufactured by Warvel Surfcores. Alan Bogdanoff turned me on to them, thanks 'bro. I have been working with then for over two months and don't even have a firm quote for the blanks yet! :-) They have the ability to combine EPS and PolyU foam in a blank. They'll ship to me and I'll ship to whomever I want.

Also I notice that there are a bunch of new manufacturers starting up It may be cheaper for them to have custom close tolerance blanks cranked out by one of these manufacturers.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
Cool boards Jeff!