Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
Does the hyperlite 3DS have the same pop a 3 stage would give you? On the video on hyperlite's website it says that it will give you the same pop as a 3 stage and the speed of a continuous, but i'm not sure. Has anybody ridden the 3DS and 3 stage boards that have lots of pop (LF Shane, LF Axis, LF Watson, Ronix One, Hype Parks, CWB Transcend, Absolute, etc.) that they could compare it to?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-21-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Wakesetter, if your profile is up to date your 5'2" and 95 lbs, the smallest 3DS is a 135, might be a little big for you. It's a great board & for your size I would recommend a continuous rocker. Active Water Sports is running their demo days next month, come on out to Oregon City and try a bunch of boards, Alex will be there for Hyperlite and he can help you out.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
When next month or is it all next month? Do they demo boards before the demo days? One last question do demos cost any $? My birthday is may 10th and i want to get a wakeboard for my birthday.
Thank for the help
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-21-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Wakesetter, It's the 19th or 20th of May, call Active Water Sports at the Beaverton or Oregon City store to be sure. It's free to demo all the boards they carry, LF, Hype, Ronix & maybe Slingshot. I would call and get your name on the list, it fills up pretty fast. See you there.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
Can I go to the shop and demo before that?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-21-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Don't know, call them.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-21-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Don't know, call them.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Wakesetter, from what I've seen, H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS YES! I have two friends who just started riding the 3ds. Both came from different three stagers and both are going higher than ever before on their spins and inverts. Obviously you should demo first. But don't think that because it's continuous your pop will suffer.

Oh, and just so you know I have an unbiased opinion, I ride the O'Brien Natural and think it's the greatest thing ever but I can't deny the progress in height my friends are making with the 3ds. I think it's maybe more that the board is so predictable that they're able to keep things under control at a higher altitude. IMO, Someone doing a 5 foot 360 is far cooler than someone blasting uncontrolably 6+ feet in the air and doing nothing other that trying to get the board back under control.