Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
I am an East coaster going to visit my friend in Woodland Hills CA in October and I was hoping to check out some West Coast riding. Any suggestions. Thanks all!!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-27-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
Sean, Nor Cal WWA will be having their final event on October 7th at Villa Lagos. Many top riders will be there.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-27-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Sean, Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club will be having their final event on October 7th at Lake Elsinore. Many top riders will be there.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-27-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sean---I am about an hour and a half north of where you will be---midweek conditions are excellent this time of year, I'd be glad to give you a pull.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-27-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I am arriving Thursday morning Oct12 and dont leave until Tuesday the 17th. It would be great to ride while I am there.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
I thought wakeboarding was bigger out west?? you guys can do better?
Old    alanp            09-28-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
sean no profound changes once you cross the mississippi. people out here where flip flops more and thats about it. average wakeboarders are average wakeboarders no matter where they ride. i dont think as a whole wakeboarders are better out here either.
Old    alanp            09-28-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
also to be added to that
bad wakeboarders are bad wakeboarders and good wakeboarders are good wakeboarders, no matter where they ride
Old    walt            09-28-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
Sean,
If you were going to be in the northern part of the state you would of got more replies.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-29-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
the ronix amassult in carlsbad (north SD)...OCT 7-8 www.ronixwake.com

FBA
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
right on..guess i just thought it was a little bigger out west...I have to almost beg people to come out on the boat..my cous in TN has to turn people away every weekend. Probably just the area that I am in. Thanks ALL!!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
If you have a day without a ride and nothing else to do, roll out to the dock with a small sign: "looking for pull, have gas $".

I have seen a few people do this and have it work out. I am not sure what percentage of wakeboarders are on WW, but I am sure there are some who are rarely on here.
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Delta riders are out everyday all day it seems