Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (boarder_255)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 3:32 AM Reply   
I don't understand why wakeboarding info is so hard to come by. Go to the PWT site for 2006 contests and it says coming soon. Go to the 3rd tour stop and it says coming soon. Go to tv times and it says TBA. Go to Wakestock Site and there is no info on times or registration. PWT did not release the 1st tour stop until March. Then it was 3 weeks later that they released the exact location and schedule. Try calling and you still can't get any info. It is no wonder x games got rid of wakeboarding. The industry does not know how to promote itself.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-21-2006, 5:11 AM Reply   
way to start off your first post with a bang!

minor details in the grand scheme of things...but yes, i do agree about the PWT site. it needs to be updated
Old     (boarder_255)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-27-2006, 2:57 AM Reply   
Called and emailed Priscilla at the PWT over a week ago. Still no return call or email. Try calling and try to talk to someone who can give you any info and they send you to an extension where no one answers.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
You do realize that this is wakeboarding and not the PGA right? Maybe you are new to the sport but you should definately get used to things being late, incomplete, poorly run and generally just a little off. Somewhere along the line we were stereotyped as being lazy, so we as wakeboarders generally decided to go back to bed and worry about it tomorrow. There are the exceptions but honestly they are few & far between.
Old     (point1234)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-27-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
you should of played tournament paintball 15 years ago.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-27-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Hi Dave, what is the info that you need to know?? Pricilla is always right on top of things. She is wearing alot of hats right now and it is super busy.
Believe me, we just spent the last week together and she never stops!! Maybe we can help you answer any of your questions?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
The good news is you just found the best way to come by Wakeboarding information. Someone on Wakeworld almost always has an answer.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-27-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
^^ Agreed
Old    chief_johnson            06-27-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
"you should of played tournament paintball 15 years ago."

Play it now. Not much has changed lol.
Still poorly run events, even the national events (psp/nppl) suck the butt. When it comes to being organized.
Old     (boarder_255)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-28-2006, 3:03 AM Reply   
Hey Team V, I got my answer finally. What I am saying is that they have a web site and there is no info listed. Why have the website? If they can't handle updating their website they should let wakeworld do it for them. Info gets on wake world before PWT which does not make sense.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-28-2006, 3:38 AM Reply   
For some reason the www.kingofwake.com website is being maintained more frequently this year. It was updated every day during the last tournament at Lake Elsinore.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-28-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
Yea, the best place to get the most current info is wakeworld for sure. I know when I am at an event, I am always on the phone with somebody giving them the stats and they in turn post what is going on. (unless its a real bad day) And there are others like me doing the same thing.

(Message edited by teamvaldez on June 28, 2006)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-28-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
Ok Robyn first test What is going on at Kolowna on Friday? do we have to be there. It list the event as Friday though Sunday, we normally don't start until Sat. I forgot to check on that last weekend.
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-28-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Randy, thanks for the starbucks!!! Oh and by the way, am I going to need my sweatshirt for Portland?? haha....
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-28-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Melanie, no sweatshirt needed girl, 85 degress. and we have grass. I will bring you a ice starbucks next time. How was the red eye home? See you in a couple of weeks.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-28-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
ok, here is the scoop. There in an invitational pro rider double up contest going on on friday. Registration will be Friday night.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-28-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
So hey, we don't need another super organized sport. I'm basically a total beginner, and I spent a week with Mike Schweene and some great coaches and riders at West Coast Camps and felt totally welcome and included. Its cool, its fun, its infinitely challenging and inventive and the water is so much softer than pavement. I guess it isn't easy if you are trying to get yourself into some contests and can't figure out where and when, but hey, ask your sponsors, they should know.
Old     (boarder_255)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2006, 3:45 AM Reply   
I do not agree Les. We do need an organized sport. When you do everything half as*%ed, you get viewed as being that way by the media. Media coverage is what this sport needs. Look at fuel Tv, they have skateboarding, surfing, and biking on all the time. Nothing is more boring to watch than surfing. PWT has been running these events for enough years that by January most of the info should be on their website. It makes it very difficult to plan if you have a job and would like to compete. Not everyone is wealthy enough to pick up and go at the drop of a hat. I have been to a few PWT stops and most of the time you would never know they are happening unless you are a competitor. No local media coverage at all, or very little. Small 1 1/2 ft signs promoting the event on the side of the road. looks like kids running the show.
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
So dave why are u in this sport? are u in it for the money and fame or what?? most people wakeboard for other reasons than wanting to be seen on espn 2. face it wakeboarding isnt going to be that big of an industry.
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-29-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Seems like they do alright with promoting to radio and television. I have tons of people that come through the gate telling me they are there because they heard about it on the radio or saw it on the local news. Those 1 1/2 ft signs are for directions for people who can't read a map. It's wakeboarding not the NBA, people get so fired up because this sport is so small and it needs to get more people involved. Then everyone complains about the lakes being crowded.
Old     (boarder_255)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-30-2006, 4:35 AM Reply   
I am in the sport because I enjoy wakeboarding and enjoy competing. If I was in the a sport for the $ it would not be wakeboarding. What I am bitching about is that I can not understand why information is so hard to come by. Try to find the schedule for the Nautique Nationals for example. You can not find it anywhere. Wakestock, which is 6 weeks away, just released some in info, but it is not complete. If I ran a business and kept my hours of operation, pricing and or the products I sold a secret I would be out of business. This will be my last post on this subject. I only hope that the powers to be will listen an get their act together. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-30-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Hey Dave, you didn't offend anybody. The schedules are pretty much the same. They just don't put times on it until they know how many riders there are. Where do you live?? We have alot of contests near us. But if you have any questions regarding the national comps, please feel free to email me with any questions you may have and I will try and get the answers for you.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-30-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Wow, sweet words from the Melanie_G!! I didn't even see that post! Glad to see you coming out of your shell sister!