Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-05-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
03' MasterCraft X-Star

When I turn the key to the on position before starting the engine the normal alarms sound, I start the engine and they go off, however the PP alarm doesn't end. the PP display doesn't complete the startup and freezes. I took apart the module but could see any loose wires etc. Any suggestions. I call PP Monday. Thanks in advance.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
The book says for a system reset: "Turn key on and quickly press and hold "ON/OFF" and "Menu" together for about 5 seconds until the display reads SYSTEM RESET >=YES. Hit "YES" and it will say "WAKEBOARD ONLY >= YES" Hit "YES". The right arrow should be up arrow, couldn't find an up arrow on my keyboard. Let us know if it works.

If that fails, you could pull the chip. It is inside the control module. If you do, just make sure to record your hours because it will erase everything and you will have the opportunity to re-enter the hours when it starts up.
Old     (1irondragon)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-06-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but you brought up a question for me Dave. You mention setting your boat hours. How do you do this? I've never been able to figure it out. I need to add hours. Is it through a system reset?

Also CDM my PP did this at first start up and like Dave said a system reset did the trick.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-06-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Matt,

When I bought my boat, the seller told me how many hours were on it. Nowhere could I find hours and it had the old single line PP display. I upgraded the display and chip to version 6.5 so I could have presets for multiple riders. When I installed the new chip in the module, it ran through a setup that asks for hours. If you have the multi line display, removing the chip will restart everything and you will be prompted for hours. You should use a chip puller available at Radio Shack. You can do it with a small screw driver but run the risk of shorting something or damaging pins. Look at the PP website under upgrades and I'm pretty sure the instructions are there with pictures.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^ Look at me I found the up arrow!
Old     (1irondragon)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-06-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
Cool, thank's Dave