Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-23-2005, 2:51 AM Reply   
Although I see this tower everywhere at boat shows and in magazines, I have yet to meet anybody that has one. Can anyone give me some feedback on its performance? How easy is it to fold down? How tall is the boat once it's folded down? Is there a way to put more than two board racks on it? What about lights? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2005, 5:26 AM Reply   
From what I understand its a 5k increase in cost from the standard tower. I know 3 people who have 05 Bu's but none of them opted for the CFT tower
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
I looked at the towers when I was considering a new boat. The upgrade is not that expensive if you will be loading the tower with speakers and lights. They all come on the CFT. At the plant the customer service guy did not recomend ordering it cause they can't get enough in. They are not proven yet either. They are not finished as nice either. Sweet idea, but will probably need a little time...
Old    whitechocolate            02-23-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
I saw it at the Nor cal show. I was impressed. Its a big hunk of CF. I saw some flaws in it yes, But they were no big deal some pin hols and the edges were not so sharp, and the weave was a tad off, if you have worked with carbon you would understand that thats normal and not all carbon fiber peices are visulally perfict out of the mold they could require some clean up but if you were to make it perfict you could add another 2-5k to the price tag and not see that much of a differance,
IMO for 5 grand its a great price for a huge peice like that. There are carbon fiber bicycle frames that cost more than that, LOL

BTW off subject, I saw a 2 Lambo's at the dealer and the carbon fiber work was very ulgy, it made the Malibu tower look like a peice of art.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-23-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Dave, when I was at the boatshow I was talking to the BU dealer about them. He told me that at that time, they were on backorder from Malibu for quite the next few months. The only ones out there are the ones that are already on boats.
Old    zboomer            02-23-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Ditto what everyone is saying. I just ordered an '05 VLX, and passed on the CFT, mainly because of cost.

It looks very pimp though. My dealer has a boat in stock with it. It's still a bit rough, but as Grant said, that's the nature of CF. Unless you got real close hard to tell.

I believe it folds down like the Illusion X. Remove one bolt from each side, and lower it forward. Would obviously take two people, or a harness of some kind.

If I had money flowing out of my ears I'd have gotten it, but it's expensive.

With the Illusion-X looking so cool also, I went with that and think I'll love it.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
Actually the price is about the same as if you add racks and speakers to the titan or illusion. I got the titan for mine, but maily because I would have had a very early blade and didn't want one till they made some and worked the kinks out.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-23-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
I just think it's amazing that nobody has one yet. There has to be some out there somewhere. Regardless of price, I'd like to know how it performs.
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
From my understanding there was only few of them out there. I know that there has been flaws in the carbon fiber. The one I saw up close had many of them. The rumor is that its changing a bit, but that is just a rumor. I like the look of it but it just flexs too much for me.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-23-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
My dealer sold an 05 VLX Monday with one and I personally am not that impressed. Only one set of board racks can be applied. The finish is being addressed as the one I saw is so, so. The plant at Tenn. had twenty or so there a couple of weeks ago and they say they aren't getting that many orders for them as yet. Didn't seem to solid to me as it shook a bit. The bimini is below the tower making it a LOW standing point like 5'6"! Personally I think it will be short lived, but that's just me. The Illusion X is the way to go!
Old    turk_kildare            02-25-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
You have to be short to fit under the CFT. I feel the fit n finish will change in the next year. I would pass for a year.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-25-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
they make only one cft a day.....