Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
I posted something under picking up first boat
thanks to all. Here is my question: I received a phone call on Thur. was told my boat was in. A couple hours later got a second call saying it's not my boat. Called dealer for details was told the boat is not even built yet. To refresh everyone, boat was ordered on end of Dec 04. I was told it was scheduled to be built on first week of Jan 05. Then I then was told first of Feb boat is finished waiting to be shipped. I'm every concerned about latest development. The latest I heard was it is scheduled to built within two weeks. Please help with any advise you can give. Will be on the phone in the next couple of days with them to get confirmed date.
Old    h20dog            02-22-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
Who is the manufacturer? Have you called them directly? How much do you have down and is it refundable if not delivered by a certain date? Do you know if the dealer has one like yours that is "Someone else's"? Maybe they got it in and had a better offer. How good was the deal you got?
Old    jmo52            02-22-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that Robert. I remember the post and thought you would have had it by now. I would call the manufacturer and go over the order direct. After waiting this long make sure you order is going to be correct.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-22-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
if i had to take a guess on what happened... the dealer "switched" production dates on you and did'nt tell you.

he placed another boat/customer in your production spot..wether it was intentional or not- i dont know (more than likely yes... the dealer probabley didnt want to loose a sale over time)..

see if the boat stays on the floor for a while or is moved out of the shop asap (if moved out then it was a customers ordered boat). if that is the case, pretty uncool move by the dealer imo..
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-23-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
Robert,
Same thing happened to me last year. Was told 5 weeks, turned into 10 weeks. I would go directly to the manufacturer and ask them what is going on. I would give your dealer one hell of an earfull. Good idea by mike, check to see if that boat has left the floor, then you can really lay into the dealer.

I would have to say in general that any company that has to do with wakeboarding has very poor customer service, from boats to boards.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
Post the dealer. That is B.S. If he has done this to you know wait until you try to get your boat in for service, call to answer a question, or anything....
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Get your money back and go to another dealer! You can also try complaining to the manufactuer directly and perhaps you will be able to order direct from them.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
I see you have a Supra listed in your profile. Email Rick Tinker rtinker@skierschoice.com
He will take care of your problem. It is definitley with your dealer cause Skier's Choice is awesome at addressing customer concerns if they know. You are going straight to the top with Rick, so you know it will get addressed. If it is not a Supra pardon my assumption.
Mine is on order too and I have been assured on my dates. Otherwise people will pay!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
Things happen and mistakes are made. Before jumping to the worst conclusions you should talk to the dealer and find out what has caused the delays. If your not satisfied email Rick & get some more information.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-23-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
i have a supra on order and i ordered it mid october and they said it would be here around christmas and it just arrived this week
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
Under promise and over deliver!!! They better have something for you for the inconvenience or have given you a satisfactory explanation during the delay. My dealer told me mine would be here late March. If that is wrong there will be a problem or he better find a way to make up for it. You are making me nervous now....
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-23-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
OK Heres the story I got today they messed up when confirming thier order in Jan. Somehow a boat ordered after mine got built first. They called Skier's Choice and confirmed my boat has a build date of mid March and delivery date by end of March. He admided it was their mistake and they are trying to get me somthing from Skier's Choice. They gave me the order number and name of someone at Shier's Choice. I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow morning to confirm this. Should I ask Skier's Choice if they can do anything to make this better for me or ask the dealer? There is one option I would like to add to the boat. Thanks for all the advise it has been a big help to me.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
Whoever messed up should compensate you with something. Thowing in another option is the least they can do for you. I would call and figure out what really happened.... You are much calmer than I am about it.. Yes mistakes do happen. We all make them, but it is not you that should suffer for their mistake. How much did you put down on the boat?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
yepp, they put a different boat in production before yours... pretty uncool imo... can the dealer still be trusted is the question ? you have every right to a full refund and walk away clean and the dealer can't or should't say a word(doesnt have a leg to stand on).

i had a similar situation when i bought but my dealer asked me for my production spot- he didnt want to lose the other boat sale (customer didnt want to wait 2-3 months)...

it turned out to my benefit- i changed models and he gave me a great deal on a much nicer boat than i had ordered...

(Message edited by clubmyke on February 23, 2005)
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Called Skier's Choice On Thurday morning and got the same news from them. They are going to push my production date up if they can. I waited until now to post this because I wanted to take a drive to the dealer, did that today. They where very apologetic to me, both the sales person and finance manager. I do believe they made a honest mistake, the other boat was there and they offered it to me. I said no, I will wait for mine, it looks just like the one I ordered but mine has a couple of changes. This make me feel a whole lot better than earlier in the week. I was thinking of canceling the order and starting all over again. Please no! I like the boat that we ordered and will wait for it. Well whats a couple more weeks when you've never owned a boat. I will try to get Skier's Choice to negotiate a price on the option I want I'm hoping it will work. The dealer said they are tring to and I believe them .