Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    1dega            06-29-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Hi everyone I just wanted to give all of you a warning about buying on ebay. I thought I bought a new Parks 143 DNA wakeboard on ebay. The perp/seller name is Matt Soyka. He lives in Canada. After I won the item Matt said to send a certified check or money order, which I did promptly. This should have been a red flag to me because I always use pay pal, but Matt did not accept it. Then I was to receive the board with in 10 days of receipt of the money. After Matt received the money he said he needed to wait 10 days for it to clear. I know that was also untrue, I have never experienced that before. 15 more days went by and after many e-mails and calls he says he sent it. Well two more weeks go by, still no board. I e-mailed some more, he responds with a bunch of run around. Then Matt says to me that I received the board and was lying to him, what a joke. Its now three months later and I still have no board and I try to talk to Matt every day. All he does now is ignore me. I posted this for two reasons: first to let everyone know to be extra careful on ebay, and second not to ever buy anything from Matt Soyka. I believe there are many people that have been ripped off by this guy because at the time I won this item on ebay Matt must have had at least ten other boards, all for sale within minutes of each other. I would like to know if any one knows of this guy and might be able to help me out. The wakeboarding community is a small place and maybe someone can help me out. Hopefully, this prevents others from being ripped off too!