Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (gawabr190)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-31-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
I recently bought a Gator board & bindings (gonzales) for under $200 at masscloseouts.com (searchword "gator"). Seemed like an extremely low price for a setup that retailed for $500+ at some point. Does this point to financial distress at Gator? I'm wondering if such low prices indicate something is amiss at Gator?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
It is probably last years model that they are trying to get rid of so they can get the 2009 products in.
Old     (dilwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-31-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
i just got the same set up from that site but.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-01-2009, 3:12 AM Reply   
Nice find man! I don't need any more boards or bindings, yet i ended up getting the 139 gonzales and 2 pair of bindings...for that price, why not?
Old     (cstboarding)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-01-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for the post! That's a great deal...I just picked up some bindings.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-01-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Agreed!, I was going to buy a Gator board this year anyway. I just picked up a new board.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-01-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Beware of those bindings.... Strap them on your board, slip your feet into them, and then lean forward. If you notice that the heel of your boot lifts off of your board about an inch you'll know why they are only $69

The mounting plate is made of plastic and it flexes something terrible. This may bother some and not others, but to me this just kills the responsiveness of your board when edging toeside. It's almost like telemark skiing on your wakeboard.

I bought these boots from the same place and ended up just giving them away. They will probably be decent boots for a guest board or something, provided your guest has the exact same sized foot as you.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-01-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
For anyone that knows anything about Gator will be able to confirm that he won't be going bankrupt anytime soon.....
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-01-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
dude,
there are so many deals out there this year due to slow selling season/overstock inventory..
watch anothersmokingdeal.com boardersbestbuy.com daily..
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-01-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Will any bindings fit on this board???
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-02-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
from GB's site....

>>Tuesday, October 14 2008
GATOR WAKEBOARDSThere are a lot of rumors floating around and I thought I would clear some of them up. Unfortunately, and due to recent economic conditions we have downsized our company to continue to do business in this current economy. I would like to thank everyone that has been a part & has contributed to the Gator movement in the wakeboard industry. For making us who we are in the industry today. We are still in business and looking forward to a strong 2009. We are very excited about this new year and the possibilities it has to offer. We will continue to make the highest quality wake products in the industry. Once again thank you for your support!!!<<
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-08-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
I got my board today, are you guys taking the center fin off?