Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
I drop my boat off for an 100 hour service and getting ready for summer... Well I get a call from the guy telling me my amp is blown.. WTF? First of all what does an Amp have to do with an oil change? Then he goes on to telling me my stereo is all messed up. I'm trippin a little first i brought my boat to get the engine serviced, not to get 2nd opinion on my stereo. So I tell the guy the stereo, better be in the same condition as when i get it back...
Needed to Vent, but still why is this guy spending time on my stereo and not my engine? He better not charge me more hours that he took messin wiht my stereo...
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-07-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
My guess is that they disconnected the battery for some reason and when doing that, they crossed some wires and blew some stuff up.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
If that is the case.. whether they admit its their fault or not.. how much effort is it gonna take to get them to replace or fix it..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
That sucks Aaron. That's odd that he was messing with your stereo. Maybe you should contact the GM at the dealership.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
That would blow the fuse, not the amp though.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
i've dealt with the owner of the place, he is a nice guy... From what i was told was the tower speakers now do not work, and the guy tried to say it was broken before i dropped it off this morning.. i'll have to wait and see i guess
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hold on guys. You are way jumping the gun here. To me, a 100 hour service/spring run up includes checking electronics. If you didn't have the battery hooked up, or he had to disconnect it for whatever reason and then reconnect it, he could have been doing something as innocuous as restting the stereo clock. A 100 hour/spring run up service is usually a fixed rate, so I'm sure you're not getting charged extra for this.
Don't automatically go ballistic on the guy. Ask him nice and figure out what's exactly wrong with the stereo. A good shop will admit fault if they screwed up.

Trash
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
yeah i didnt go ballistic, and i'm gonna see if anythnig is wrong at the end.. Trying to stay positive about it...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
"Cut his F-ing head off!!!" sorry I couldn't resist the Rob Schneider quote. You sound like the type of fellow that will not stand to be dicked around so I'm sure you'll be alright.
Old    jakeman            04-07-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
he was probably listening to the stereo while he was working on your boat, his ADD kicked in and he decided to see how loud he could crank your stereo when free bird came on.

that sucks
hope everything works out
late/jake
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-07-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
Sounds like something my dealer would do, not to mention any names, but they are frikkin mafia!!! (confiremed)
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-07-2004, 8:38 PM Reply   
Nothing wrong with mafia run boat dealers. Just make sure they do not leave any cement in the boat from when they were making special shoes for their boat guests
Old    arrowride            04-07-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
Yea, I'll bet you can buy some great "insurance" from them too!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-08-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
I picked up the boat and they swear up and down they didnt do anything to it (stereo)... They said it blew a fuse... THey claim the amp "isnt blown" but I'm making time to check it out and told them they might be hearing from me.
Old     (jayman1)      Join Date: May 2002       04-09-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
If I ever have to take anything in for service, I always make it a habit to remove the inline fuses to the amps. This way, your stuff is protected and they cannot turn it on (crank it up). If they do decide to "check out your system" it will not come on and hopefully, they will not have a fuse large enough to work in your fuse holders.
Two more comments:
1. You can never be too safe
2. Never trust any service technician
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
yeah i took my boat in today and the amp was toast... I need to replace it... not too happy
Old    hoochieman89            04-13-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
We took my suburban to this exxon for an oil change and they put it on the lift wrong and put a huge dent in the side of our burban. Then we were about to start taking action because they wouldn't admit it and the two mechanics quit before we could do anything o we had to take the tab. it blew