Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    gozer            02-17-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
Could I get opinions on the usefulness of the following options?

Shower: We live in Florida but are towing in salt water
Bow filler cushions
Fiberglas swim platform vs. Teak
Drop in floor mats

These extras certainly push the cost of the boat. I tend to keep everything I own until it drops so the extra life of the swim platform or the drop in mats is worth considering. I guess??
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
Here are the options which I would choose;

Perfect Pass - a must
booster drivers seat.
Shower
bow lights
Always, always, always get teak (fiberglass is too hard to keep nice and will chip.)
tower with board racks

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com

Also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-17-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
the floor mats are useless. Unless you have snap out carpet, it is a waste. The carpet just starts to mildew under the mats. The bow filler is an ok option, but not needed IMO. I'm with Chris, always choose teak. We had a shower last year and used the thing twice. It is a huge waste of money in my opinion. You can't do without PP.
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-17-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
heres my options:

Cant live without perfect pass
centre jump seat
Board racks

We have a fibreglass platform, tought it would scratch but it been good so far
Old    hockeyruss            02-18-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
If you go in salt water these are the options I would go with:
1. Galvanized Trailer (about 500, and will save you many thousands).
2. perfect pass
3. go with teak
4. add the thru transom flush kit (even if you add the fresh water cooling)
Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       02-18-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
Mike,

I live in Hawaii and we board in salt water only. We bought a new boat off the lot which already had a shower, bow filler cushion, and teak platform on/in it.

1. Shower: I added a 40 gallon ballast/shower supply bag in the bow of our boat. I ran a hose from that bag to the inlet of the shower pump. We fill the bag with fresh water. This gives us a fresh water shower. Last week I added about 70' of hose in large coils inside the engine compartment (v-drive) between the outlet of the shower pump and the shower head. This gives us about one minute of hot water after a 15 minute set behind the boat. This comes in handy when the weather is cool. My wife loves it!

2. Bow filler cushions: We have them. Some of our friends prefer lounging/riding in the bow so the filler cushions make it nice.

3. Teak vs. fiberglass: I have no experience with fiberglass. I really like the looks and function of our Teak swim step. A little work to maintain but not too bad.

4. Floor mats: I don't have them.

5. I recommend PP. It allows the driver to pay more attention to the rider, the boat indications (temp, oil press, etc), other boaters, and obstacles in the water.

6. I agree with WakeNup on the galvanized trailer and the transom flush kit.

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
i ride in salt all the time also and am glad the boat did not have carpet, we would be out there once a month with the shampoo/carpet cleaner if we did. You ever smell salt/brackish that is left in the ski locker and not rinsed out, ew. I was contemplating a shower till i came to my senses and bought a dry suit. I think with some gator-grip the glass ski step would be easier to maintain?? Im thinking about making a bow-filler myself, think it would be a nice addition (cost would drive my decision on that one). PP, board racks, heater are all useful options.
Old    gozer            02-21-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
Thanks everybody that helps a lot. Off to drive the boat tomorrow and do the last minute haggling

Mike