Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
i wanna start filming and editing i'll be shooting everything hd is a mac book pro enough to handle everything? my buddy has told me its perfect for that and i should be fine i was just wondering if it has enough ram and memory or do i need upgraded stuff?
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-19-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
I've got a maxed out 15 inch macbook pro (3.06 dual core and 8 gigs of RAM) running Final Cut Studio. It can get warm (read hot) on really long renders, but it's plenty up the video editing task.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-19-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
Don't buy a mbp at the moment they will be refreshed in the very near future with far better performance.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
Really? Like how soon?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-19-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
next week at the unveiling of the tablet is possible, but it may be a little while longer. everyone else has the chips out so apple won't wait more than a month or so from now most likely
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2010, 10:26 PM Reply   
Awesome do u know what the improvements will be?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-19-2010, 10:27 PM Reply   
www.macrumors.com
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-20-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
Wes, I am sincerely trying to find more information about this. I've read through the first few pages but haven't come up with any macbook pro update rumors. Any guidance to the pieces?
Old    murrayair            01-20-2010, 9:37 PM Reply   
I've got a 17" MCP, 2.93GHz with 4gigs of RAM and I do professional and semi-professional level editing on it all the time. Don't spend the extra $1200(or whatever Apple is charging now) for 8gigs of RAM. I have 4 gigs and rarely even get close to using all of it. Use that extra dough to help buy Final Cut Studio.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-20-2010, 10:57 PM Reply   
ok thats what im really worried about is the ram thats good to know thanks mark