Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    supra_herman            08-28-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
I am from dayton ohio, centerville to be exact. I dont always have time to go down to cumberland or Norris. And i am looking for another lake to ride at. Theres a place called ceasaers creek near my house and its always packed at its like trying to ride with seven boats behind u that dont see u. I know brookville is close but i heard its really windy and gets choppy. Anyone got any ideas on where to ride within an hour or 2?? Any input at all would be great
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
How far are you willing to travel?

I used to live in Beavercreek and have frequented Caesar’s, and the Hydro Bowl. I forget the name of the reservoir near Springfield but I never liked it for water sports.

Heading toward Cincinnati there’s East Fork which is pretty busy, Rocky Fork is so-so and Paint Creek, a bit smaller but less traveled.

I live in Columbus now and have a good handle on the water ways here. Buckeye Lake, Alumn Creek, and Indian Lake aren’t good for wake boarding and Hoover Reservoir is horse power limited. I generally board on Griggs Reservoir, and up stream the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir should be good, but I’ve never been on it. They’re a couple of private lakes but since their private I’ve never had a chance to ride them.

Further East near Zanesville Lake Dillon is good if it’s not too busy, and the Muskingum river from the Ohio River to I-70 is awesome. Salt Fork is empty because the reservoir has a leak. The Ohio river isn’t too south, far and can be pretty good. I grew up in Toledo with the Maumee river nearly in my back yard, up stream of Mary Jane Thurston Park, the Maumee, river is really good.

Good Luck
Old    luv2wake2            08-30-2005, 4:52 AM Reply   
We go to Brookville and you can find some good water there. The weekends are busy unless you go very early or get a evevning set in . If you go to the far south end of the lake where the levy is , it blocks the wind off the water. Through the week is even better and after Labor day things start to wind down , except for us, we made it too Dec 4, water 38 dergrees last year, we were the only boarders out there lol
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-30-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
If u don't want to travel to far, Great Miami River in Hamilton Oh has a section of 3/4 mi. long stretch that is usually flat water and hardly any traffic. No Wake Marine has their annual contest there, it's Sept.10th and it's a great time.Some really good riders. We also use the Ohio River and u can usually find flat water to ride on some where out of the wind ect... Luv2wake2 is right on about BVille.I live 30min from there and go rarely as we find the river easier and closer.We usually only go to BVille if the river is high or has alot of stuff floating arond from storm run off.