Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jeventures)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-15-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
Also, who repaints a Malibu and brands it Glastron?!?! The guy I had to share the lake with on Saturday, that's who. I'm minding my own business, towing a buddy behind the old i/o...upgrade to a real wake boat sooner than later I promise. Until the incident we are just out having fun, not power turning, tubing or anything annoying, and we're sharing the good riding spots. Then this guy, parked on the beach in his "glaston" branded wakeboat (actually a fairly recent model Malibu..why?), while I'm towing a rider, flys out into the riding area, cuts me off, does 3 dounuts, and re-parks at the beach. I make one more pass and this time he leaves the beach, jumps my wake(way too close to my rider), more dounts, and reparks. I could barely contain myself. We left without much confrontation because it seemed confrontation is what they wanted and I'd rather leave than get hyped up even more. It was close to sunset anyhow and seemed the way to go especially when there were 6 or 7 of them and two of us. When we left, they didn't start riding, just stayed at the beach. WTF.

Now that I've ranted I have a few Q's:

- Would you have called lake patrol? Could they have done anything other than hassle them?
- This was on Percy Priest Lake. Are you on here Mr. "Glastron"?
- Anyone know why you would re-brand a boat like that? Stole it? Bought a stolen boat? Just quirky? On drugs?

One positive note: Earlier in the day we taught a brand new rider, a newish rider cleared the wake in control a few times, and my wake to wake 180's were better than ever. Also, I did't get a concussion trying 3's Not much compared to any of the tricks in the pics and and videos I see on here but a great day in the books for us.

- Cheers (unless your own a malilston, then you should loan me your boat in penance. You can ride my I/O next weekend).

-