Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
I live in Cleveland, but ride in western New York. From what I've seen, there are boats made by the big three (BU,CC,MC), some Supras, and very few Tiges and Moombas, in the Cleveland and western New York area. Why have I never seen or even heard of MB, Sessions, Sanger, Calabria, Centurion, Gekko, or Svfara before joining this site? What if I was in the market for one of these boats, and how would I get my hands on one? Finally, why are Gekko, Svfara, and Moomba seldomly mentioned on this site?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
moomba's are quite a bit. the reason gekko's and svfara's are not is b/c they don't sell alot of them.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-17-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
I am the only MB dealer in the East. I will gladly set up a demo with you if you want to check out an MB. BTW we are in Richmond, VA. Check out our website, www.southernskiboats.com
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Moombas are on here every once and a while and are great boats. I don't know anything on how svfara performs or wake size but i do know that Gekko has the worst wake i have ever seen behind a wakeboat
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
MB, Sanger, Calabria are all extremely popular in California. Every other boat in NoCal is a Sanger, or so it seems. They are all small builders, and are fine supplying to the west coast and giving the rest of the nation what's left over. Sanger and Calabria are building some of best bang for the buck.

Moomba and Supra are the same company, so add them together and you'll find they are represented.

Svfara is just finally starting to brake the Malibu mold, no pun intended. They have used old Malibu molds since their beginning and are just starting to put out some original product.

Gekko's are great slamom boats, but wakes do not measure up for boarding. So, not alot of us here own them or talk about them.

Session is only four seasons old, and is fighting for market share. Great product, not much brand recognition.

Don't know about Centurion.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       07-18-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
Is there a Sanger or Calabria dealer within 400 miles of Cleveland?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
Check with the companies. I simple phone call would answer the question.
Old     (mbw4462)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
theres a sanger dealer in ny. its over 400 miles from cleveland tho. the dealer is mahopac marina incase your interested.

(Message edited by mbw4462 on July 21, 2006)
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-21-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
If you were in the market for a new boat, I'd highly suggest sticking with a brand that is reasonably popular in your area for when you go to sell the boat down the road. Also, service is a lot easier when there is a nearby dealer.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
I agree with the resale issue, I'm going through that right now with my boat. Buy something that not many people know about, they are likely to still not know anything about it down the road. I have my Session listed about 3K under low NADA, and after a month, no interest at all.

As for service, most of these boats use common engines and components, so service isn't a huge issue.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-22-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
Jeff what kind of Session do you have? I have some friends who own a wakeboard school, and they pull with an '05 Session 22Xi. I love the wake behind that boat. Very good product too - seating arrangement is definately different, but I really like it.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
I have an 04 SI, same boat as the XI with a diffrent seating arraignment.

IMO - one of the top 3 or 4 wakes in the market, best driving 22 footer. I love the boat, but injury will keep me from riding for another year atleast, if ever again.