Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            03-29-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
My mother, who is in her 80's, has struggled with cancer for years. I can speak from personal experience that the effects of cancer are devastating, not only to those afflicted, but to loved ones who often feel all they can do is standby helplessly and watch.

Judy and I have donated to the American Cancer Society for years and so I was pleased when our very own Ed Sullivan approached me to secure a board from Inland Surfer.

Ed explained: "One of the upcoming events is the Sylvan Lake Ice Breaker this May 12th in Indiana. A young college senior, Mr. Zack Lear has been organizing this event with the assistance of Bryon Greene (Wakeboard Midwest). I plan to attend this gathering and bring my boat and wakesurf boards.

The mother of one of Zack’s closest friends died from cancer a few weeks ago. He’s retooling the Ice Breaker so that proceeds will support the American Cancer Society in memory of his friends mother."

Ed specifically thought the Inland Surfer Pink 4-skim would be the perfect board to be used as a raffle item to support this worthy cause.

In typical fashion for the folks at Inland Surfer, they generously donated the requested board without hesitation. I have had the good fortune of interacting with many folks inside and outside the watersports industry. I can honestly say that Jeff Page is one of the best folks to work with. His tireless devotion to the sport, where he announces virtually all significant events, to his unselfish donation of product to worthy causes such as this. Inland Surfer has demonstrated time and again their generosity and desire to grow our sport.

Huge props to Inland Surfer and my personal gratitude to you, Jeff, for all of your efforts and generosity.

To all reading, I ask: please don't forget to support those who support you.

Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-29-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
This is really an awesome gesture, I know that it will mean a lot to Zack, the Krupps family, the Indiana wake sports community, and the American Caner Society.

Over the last two or so years I’ve become very active with the wakesurfing community and with this forum. The folks on line are just as helpful as you can imagine and just a great group to spend time with. In particular the American Wake Surf Association, that’s Jeff Walker and most leading wakesurf board manufacturers have been very supportive of everyone online as well as supporting events across the country.

Last year I benefited from a lot of support from Indian wake boarders and wakesufers. Even though I live in Ohio I found that the NWL was very strong in Indiana, I took my safety training there, the Ohio state championship was headed up by Chris Walker, from Indy, Bryon Greene also from Indy promoted Wakefest on his Wakeboard Midwest web site, and a bunch of Indiana surfers drove all the way out to Wakefest. I’m really please that we could find a way to send a little support back to a great community of water sports enthusiasts.

I’ve had some very good experiences with Jeff Page at Inland Surfer. When I found out that I was going to have Malibu pull at the Scioto Wakefest I was also making a call to Jeff Page placing an order for one of his boards. I asked Jeff how to weight a VLX for best surfing performance. Jeff gave me his recommendations, everyone at Wakefest raved about the setup on both the regular and goofy sides.

Inland Surfer has been supporting a number of wakesurfing events that I’ve been organizing. Support for the Sylvan Lake Ice Breaker, and this special request is just one more example of how what a great bunch the Inland Surfer folks are. I think a pink Inland Surfer 4Skim is very cool and fitting for this occasion.

I made this request on Wednesday evening, march 28th around 10:00 PM. Look at how fast this response turned around!

I’m sure everyone’s best thoughts go out to the Krupps family and Zack, thanks again!
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-29-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Since we are applauding Jeff Page/Inland Surfer, I'd also like to add that Jeff has once again donated to the Supra/Moomba Jamboree.

Last year Jeff donated a Red Tide and this year a 4-Skim to be raffled off.
Old     (ktownrider)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-29-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
While we're on the subject i guess i can add a little. A few years ago I needed a new fin for my chubby so I drove to Jeff's (he lives only about a half hour from me) to pick it up. Not only did he not charge me, but invited me out to ride. He invited me out again to take some pics for their website and gave me a free board.

Needless to say I am very grateful and always promote IS to my friends and other riders.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-29-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing the story, Jeff. I love my Inland Surfer boards and rave about them every chance I get. This just makes me want to support them even more. It is so great to hear about companies and people that "get it" when it comes to making a living by selling a great product with great service, but also give back.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-07-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I just received the board last night.

I took it out of the box but left it in bubble wrap so it will be shinny and new for the Sylvan Lake, IN Ice Breaker.

Again I'm sure that Zack, the Krupps family and all appreciate the gesture. I'll up date after the May 12th Ice Breaker event and charitable activities.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
First off, I would like to give a huge thank you to Jeff and the folks at Inland Surfer for providing this great item for "The Ice Breaker." This was a great gesture and it is definitely appreciated as Zach and I put together this event. When my mother passed away, I decided that I would like to do something to help the fight against cancer. After talking to Zach, we thought why not link that with the Ice Breaker. This is going to be an awesome event and I am very excited to see its turn out. It is a great event with a great cause and I hope to see everyone there.

(Message edited by balr54 on April 07, 2007)
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society in the name of DELLA KRUPP, a loving mother and 4th and 5th grade Teacher of The Year who’s life was taken by cancer just weeks ago. She was a woman that touched thousands of lives with her teaching, sense of humor, and love. DELLA KRUPP will be missed always and forever.

For more information Contact:
Zach Lear or Jeigh Krupp @
WWW. WAKEBOARDMIDWEST.COM
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/429390.html?1176008347
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeboardmidwest.com/DesktopModules/ForumThread.aspx?ItemID=4297&mid=56
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       04-17-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Just an update. I would like to personally thank David Williams of WakeWorld and also Matt Hickman of Wakeboarding Magazine for helping us out with this great event. David is donating some WakeWorld gear that will be given away during this event. Matt Hickman is donating some complimentary subscriptions to Wakeboarding Magazine that will be given away. Once again, I would like to send out a big thank-you to everybody who has already donated to this great cause. I will keep everyone posted of any updates to items that will be given away.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-10-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
I just loaded up the back of the truck with eight boards and the Inland Surfer 4Skim donation board. I'll head out to Sylvan Lake/Rome City Friday after work and ready to surf Saturday morning.

I'm ready to help the Krupp's Crush the Ice for Life!!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-13-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
The "Crush the Ice for Life" event held in memory of Della Krups was a great success. Over $1,700 was raise to help support finding a cure. Ms. Liz Rodarte won the top prize in the event raffle, a Pink Inland Surfer 4Skim wakesuf board. Liz was very excited to have won the 4Skim board.

All day long everyone said that they wanted to take home the pink board. The Pink 4Skim board was right at home at the prize table with all of the pink themed ACS hats and shirts.

Special thanks to Bill Lear for hosting the event at his house, to Zack Lear and Jay Krupp for organizing the event. Also special thanks to Jeff Walker President of the AWSA and Jeff Page of Inland Surfer for supporting this event.

Zack----- Jay--Liz
Upload
Upload