Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (nitro909)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-07-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
I am heading out soon and am hoping you guys can help me dial in my surfing wake. I have a 2001 Super Air 210. I am riding a 2006 IS Yellow. I am able to get the wake steep enough (up to the vents on side) but it feels like there isnt enough 'push' coming from the wave. I was reading some of the other posts which said the Yellow likes to go a little faster, but what speed do you recommend. We were trying everything from 8.5-12mph, but couldnt get it. It rides, but when I let go of the handle, I fall to far back into the wake. I am riding on the port side, which I heard is more difficult to get the wake set up correctly on the 210. Port tank full, right tank empty, 250lb sack in the walkthrough, and 400lb sack in the back corner, with 3-4 people in the port/rear of the boat. I have been out on the Malibu 21 LSV riding the IS Blue and it felt perfect (starboard side), so I want to be able to get the same feeling with my boat. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

P.S. Have you tried playing around with the fins. I noticed the are shaped slightly different (i.e. left and right) and I tried switching them to the other side cause it felt like the board was trying to open up on me. I dont know if it was the board or the water that made it feel like this.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-07-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
You might have to much weight on the back corner. I would try putting the 400lb sack on the side seat and see if that makes a difference. Also if it is possible, put the sack that is in the walkthrough up on the seat in the front. Just my .02
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
We've played with our wave a ton on our Super Air 210. What works best for us is port tank full, belly full, about 500# in the rear locker, About 100 # up front on the port side, and a few people spread out only on the port side. If you can throw a sac or some led on the port seat icechest it should make the wave pretty meaty. The sweet spot on our boat is about 9.5-9.8. Because of the side rear vents on a nautique you'll prob have to keep the bilge going to get ride of the water going in the vent. Good Luck