Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-16-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
I just got a new 06 Centurion elite V and have been trying to dial in the wake but the pocket is close to the boat and I have hit it a few times. Everyone who surfs on the boat is goofy foot.

Setup: 1000 lbs in rear locker. 600 lbs in center ballast. I have a 150 sack behind the drivers seat.

I get a good wake but it is not very deep. The last foot of the rub rail is in the water. I usually only have 3 people in the boat (driver, look out, and surfer). So I don't have a lot of extra weight to move around.

I was thinking I need the bow weighted and another 400 lbs behind the driver.

Has anyone weighted this boat for goofy footers? Here is a link to a you tube video of me surfing. I have not gotten the newest video done yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnmYl_Edry8
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
From my time trying to surf goofy on centurions, ive found that the more angle you can get the boat to lean the better. I'd say get ride of the 600 center. Bow weight would help clean up the face, but you would loose a little height, and the wave doesnt look to tall right now. I'd try the 400 behind the driver and make sure all passengers are on that side. One more thing to try, and i only say it because it is appearant iin the video, try a little turn to the right, when the guy surfing gets back up after his first fall the wake is clean, then washes out when the boat straightens out.

or you could say screw it and learn to surf switch like me little sister did on our 01 elite v

P.S. i'd be glad to help out in person if you'd like. Im just up in woodinville.

Dave
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-16-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
Dave,

Thanks for the info.

Our last trip out we started to turn more to the right to clean it up. It works well as long as you don't turn too much then it just goes flat.

I have tried taking out the center ballast but the wake drops way down and the other sacks don't drop the rub rail in the water without the center filled. That side sits about 3" higher when the center is not full.

I have also tried putting one 750 in the rear locker. the 150 behind the drivers seat and the other 750 also behind the driver but its too big and even being tied up it was still sliding off the seat. I think a 400 sack will fit better on that seat.

I think I have got a lot more testing to do. I am thinking I will have to hit 2000 lbs on that side to get a awesome wake.

I do plan to learn how to ride switch but figured I should learn my normal way first.

I think we have met. I bought my boat form Anthony at Cope. And I think you helped me get all my gear when I picked the boat up.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-16-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
How are you getting 1,000 in the back locker and 600 center?

I've got an '04 Lightning an older and different hull than an ’06 Elite. The built in center tank in my boat is 230 pounds and the built in v-drive locker hard tanks are 180 pounds.

I run a 750 on top of the 180 in the V-drive locker, and a 750 on the bench or behind the driver's seat. I have 270 pounds of bag weight that I put in the bow. I also put 80 pounds of bar bell weight on the tower. Not counting people I'm running as much as 2,200 ponds of ballast.

I’ve changed the pitch of my prop from 12 to 10.5 inches to reduce the load on the drive train.

If your wake is short and your surfing near the pocket try speeding up or moving weight forward.

I get a pretty good regular wake but my goofy wake does not measure up to the regular wake. We run the hydraulic trim tab up for regular surf and down for goofy surf wake.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
I was told when i bought the boat that the center ballast for the 06 was 600 lbs.

I did not buy the rear hard tanks I picked up 2 750 lbs sacks. I have filled the rear locker with one 750 and stacked another 750 on top of that about 1/2 full totaling about 1000 lbs in the rear.

Unfortunatly I don't have the hydraulic trim tab.

your boat puts out a nice long wake. I think I need more weight forward. And I will need to learn to ride switch to get the best wake.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
The center stock tank is #250 in the '06 Elite V C4.
Micheal, how does the #750 bags fit in your rear locker? I am thinking of replacing my tanks with bags.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
I guess I must of heard the sales man wrong on the center ballast.

One Fly High 750 fits without a problem. With No hard tanks in the back. I fill the first 750 full then Lay the 2nd over top and it fills about 1/2 full and the locker will still shut. If you fill it any more the locker wont close.

I have been thinking of having Fly High custom make me a sack that will completely fill the locker and run under the seats. Kind of like there Enzo sack. Or take one of there 370 lbs sacks that are 62x16x10 and run that on the bottom and under the seats then run the 750 on top of that in the locker. But I would really like just 1 sack for each locker. I would make it easier to fill up. Just have to see how much it would cost to make the custom sack and how much weight it will add.

My boat is getting its 20 hr service this week so I have to wait until next week to figure out the how much I can fit under the seats. And I will take it out and try to adjust the weighting and see what is going to work the best. Then i will make my decision.
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
i think he added the center ballast weight with the gas tank full.. which i beleive is in the center of the boat
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-19-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Density of gas is less than water, say 7 pounds per gallon. A full 36 gallon gas tank would be 250 pounds. The total full gas and full center would be 500. With a nearly empty gas tank; closer to 250 pounds. I don't thank any one selling boats should include gas as ballast. I also think a dealer should know the facts.
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
well yea but thats the only sanswer for the dealer saying it was 600lbs
Old     (casey737)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
micheal,

I have the same boat and year. let me know what works for you. thanks

casey
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-25-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Casey,

I am still working on it but I have it better now.

Right now I have a 750 in the rear locker. 750 behind the driver. And a 155 in the bow on the right. It extended the wake a little but i think I need more weight in the bow. I may pick up an integrated bow sack for that.

It cleans up more when you turn a slight right. I have not set up a regular side wake yet. everyone I ride with is goofy footed.

My wife took some video of it (not very good video). I will post it out on You tube and put the link up so you can check it out.

I am going out today and have adjusted my wake plate almost all the way down to see if that helps.

I will keep you posted.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       05-25-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Here is the most recent video of my boat wake. Not the best video but you can see the wake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCoIWlUIg08